Preliminary Blues Squad Announced

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There seems so few spots left already?

the last remaining teams might get a couple of players in at the rate:whew:

reminds me of Loz’s famous ‘he’s in the mix’

Regardless of the final squad it’s going to be tough to choose between Whighton, Walker and Keary for the 6 jersey.
All great form and big game players this year. Go the Blues!!
I think you'll find wighton will play center again with lomax right center. Keary at 6. Walker buckled there before

I am not fond of Gutherson's antics, but IMO, he is a skilful player who gives 100% every game. I think, potentially, he can perform very well with class players around him in Origin.

With today's selections, maybe the back line for Game One is starting to take shape - Tedesco, Addo-Carr, Wighton, Gutherson, Tupou, Keary, Cleary. Of course, injuries in the last three games could affect this. I think Keary deserves his opportunity over Walker as he has shown in the past that he is a big match player, e.g. 2018 GF.

I am not fond of Gutherson's antics, but IMO, he is a skilful player who gives 100% every game. I think, potentially, he can perform very well with class players around him in Origin.

With today's selections, maybe the back line for Game One is starting to take shape - Tedesco, Addo-Carr, Wighton, Gutherson, Tupou, Keary, Cleary. Of course, injuries in the last three games could affect this. I think Keary deserves his opportunity over Walker as he has shown in the past that he is a big match player, e.g. 2018 GF.
I agree whilst i think he's a twat there is no doubt he is a good player. He would do great in origin but he wont play imo.

Last edited:
Walker, Cook, Murray, Cotric & Wighton added to the Blues squad. Twenty players selected thus far - seven more to come from Storm & Panthers. Contenders include Addo-Carr, Papenhuyzen, Finucane, Cleary, Koroisau, Yeo, Luai, S. Crichton, Mansour, Martin, Leota(?). Of course, several of these are certainties.

Walker, Cook, Murray, Cotric & Wighton added to the Blues squad. Twenty players selected thus far - seven more to come from Storm & Panthers. Contenders include Addo-Carr, Papenhuyzen, Finucane, Cleary, Koroisau, Yeo, Luai, S. Crichton, Mansour, Martin, Leota(?). Of course, several of these are certainties.

My certainties are:
Addo-Carr and Pappy from Melbourne and Cleary, Yeo and Crichton from the 'Riff, which leaves two from the other names you've nominated.

My certainties are:
Addo-Carr and Pappy from Melbourne and Cleary, Yeo and Crichton from the 'Riff, which leaves two from the other names you've nominated.
Agree.

If McInnes wasn't in the squad, you'd expect Api to be a certainty. Maybe McInnes was selected as a backup in case either Cook or Api became injured in the finals. Also, will Luai be selected so as to have a full complement of four halves (i.e. apart from Wighton)? I am not sure why N. Brown was selected as I doubt he will get a game unless there are many injuries.

Edit: In the past, Brown has played prop, which would give utility value playing off the bench

Last edited:
Apparently Moses Leota is a certainty to be in the NSW squad as a prop, even though he was born in NZ.

Anybody else notice that the 5 players on the couch last night for the Dally M were all Blues players? Good signs hopefully for next month.

Last seven members added to Blues extended squad - Stephen Crichton, Liam Martin, Nathan Cleary, Jarome Luai and Isaah Yeo, Josh Addo-Carr & Ryan Papenhuyzen.

Notable ommissions Api & Finucane.

Last seven members added to Blues extended squad - Stephen Crichton, Liam Martin, Nathan Cleary, Jarome Luai and Isaah Yeo, Josh Addo-Carr & Ryan Papenhuyzen.

Attachments

• A40C1175-8F5D-4B9C-A735-6CF8E7EDD3A6.jpeg
    A40C1175-8F5D-4B9C-A735-6CF8E7EDD3A6.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 13

No Liam Martin and Finucane is in

No Liam Martin and Finucane is in
Conflict on NRL site - Martin mentioned in text & Finucane in list

Finucane listed on FoxSports, so will go with that

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4