Predict the top 8 ( 2021) + Spooner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On the NRL web site 13 "experts" tipped their predicted top 8. Of the 16 teams, only 2 Sea Eagles and Cowboys were not included by any one to make the top 8. Interesting.

Realistically, Souths, Penrith, Easts, Canberra and Melbourne are specials to make the 8.
That leaves 3.

I think we can make it this year but I'm not supremely confident. Turbo's already gone until Round 4 and we all know that will turn into Round 8 when he comes back underdone because we're 1 and 6. How did we become so reliant on one player ?

I think the Tits will be the big improvers and I'm putting them in.

Position 8 ? You may as well throw a dart. I'm tipping the Squeels to start sliding but maybe not enough to miss the 8.

Goons are specials to take the spoon. Especially if Hunt and Cokey don't get injured. Lomax and Dufty are wasted in that team. If I was them, I'd be looking for the door big time.

So, with no confidence in the particular order ....

1. Souths
2. Penrith
3. Easts
4. Canberra
5. Storm
6. Manly
7. Titans
8. Eels

Spoon. Dragons. How bad are they ?

Okay .. my revised prediction ..

1.Panthers
2. Canberra
3. Roosters
4. Parra
5. Titans
6.Souths
7. Storm
8. Manly

Premiers .. Canberra
Spoon .. St George

Last edited:
1. Storm
2. Canberra
3. Parra
4. Souths
5. Panthers
6. Roosters

- Daylight -

7. Knights
8. Sharks / Dogs / Tigpies

Premiers - Canberra
Spoon - Broncos (I hope)

Last edited:
I predict ...
Tommy will recover and have his best season ever
I predict ...
There will be no more injuries to our players
I predict ...
Fainu will be back and back to his best where he left off
I predict ...
Our settled team will bond and create havoc to the opposition teams

AND THE BEST WAY TO PREDICT OUR FUTURE IS TO CREATE IT
OVER TO YOU DES THE CREATOR !!!

Storm Roosters Panthers Souths ( pick themslves )
Raiders, eels ( should make it )
Knights Probably.
8th is a lottery...maybe the Tigers for me.

Spoon - Dragons

Yes, Turbo is a big out but we also have 2 big “ins” Foz and Shu. The reliance on Tom diminishes a lot with these 2.
Provided Schuster is picked...

Des has proven himself to be a man that knows what he likes, and likes what he knows...

I will be disappointed if Shoo is left out but I won't be shocked...

Well I guess we certainly are “ under the radar “ I saw an NRL story with some journos picking their top 8 and not one picked Manly.

067418dddffc69d0fe88a1741201ddf0.gif
Just watched that ep on Stan. Another classic Jacki Chiles “your face is our case”

1. Panthers
2.Storm
3. Souths
4. Roosters
5. Raiders
6. Eels
7.Knights
8. Manly

Spoon Bulldogs
This but I’d swap Titans in for Knights and give Saints the spoon. I hate to say this but if injuries get us again this year we could be in another fight to avoid the spoon. I pick us in 8 purely by my heart. I really hope we see sone better results with Turbo out. I can’t believe we have become so reliant on one player to win games.

This but I’d swap Titans in for Knights and give Saints the spoon. I hate to say this but if injuries get us again this year we could be in another fight to avoid the spoon. I pick us in 8 purely by my heart. I really hope we see sone better results with Turbo out. I can’t believe we have become so reliant on one player to win games.
I would like to see the Titans play finals footy. Same with mainly hoping we can make it, the new rules don’t gel well with our squad. If Fainu gets back in the team it may change our fortunes.

Yes I’d def have the Titans in there they have amassed a fair team this year.

If they were key players yes I’d agree.

But the same could be said for much of the bottom 8, bit of a lottery I reckon.
Yeah agree re bottom 8 teams. Mind you I’m not sure those other teams rely as much on one player as we do with Tom. He is the key. If we get 3/4 of the season out of him we are a good chance of the 8. Assuming he makes origin we have already lost hi for 1/4 of the season now tho so he better bloody stay fit. Sadly I’m not confident.

Yeah agree re bottom 8 teams. Mind you I’m not sure those other teams rely as much on one player as we do with Tom. He is the key. If we get 3/4 of the season out of him we are a good chance of the 8. Assuming he makes origin we have already lost hi for 1/4 of the season now tho so he better bloody stay fit. Sadly I’m not confident.

It’s got me buggered why we rely on one player so heavily.

Oh sure , take every sides best player out for the season and they’ll be affected but it never ceases to amaze me that other sides seem to get over it yet we just fall in a heap!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4