Predict the top 8 ( 2021) + Spooner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How long did this little exercise take @AlxFromNthNarra
Took <hour in my lunch to set up and think about, and the card-dealing took ~5mins per round.

It seems crazy detailed I know, but its not trsut me :D

Admittedly I'm a bit of an excel wiz and set this up in next to no time, and wrote some handy equations that made this much easier than it appears.

I did this in less than 1 afternoon lol.

Yes, i'm a bit of a nerd sometimes, but it's often worth it!!

Flanno says....

Former Sharks coach Shane Flanagan has deliver one of the more surprising top-eight predictions for the 2021 season, with last year’s wooden spooners Brisbane set to creep into finals qualification.

Despite a horrid campaign both on and off the field, Flanagan has tipped the men from Red Hill to vastly improve on their 2020 campaign with a return to finals under new coach Kevin Walters.

Flanagan also believes Manly will return to the top-eight this year, claiming a respectable sixth-placed finish thanks to the highly-anticipated return of Origin star Tom Trbojevic.

The Cronulla premiership coach has tipped Melbourne for the minor premiership, just ahead of fellow 2020 grand finalists Penrith, with the Roosters, Rabbitohs, Raiders and Sharks rounding out the remainder of the top-eight.

“I have a sneaking suspicion Manly are going to do something this year,” he added.

“Des (Hasler) has been really quiet and I know Tommy (Trbojevic) is coming back … they’re going to be hard to beat.

“And I think the Sharks and the Broncos will be fighting out for the seventh and eighth spots.”

Early betting market on the spoon is

Dogs $4.50
Merge $5.00
Donkeys $5.00
Tigpies $6.00

I'm liking the Dragqueens to take the honour

Luckily spoons are kept in the kitchen and not the slippery bathroom

I rarely have a bet. I did two days ago as I had some money in TAB from last Melbourne Cup day, so before the start of the season I took Manly for GF, top 4 and top 8.

So it's my fault that Turbo slipped in the bathroom! Sorry!

Depending on the length of time we are without Turbo, I'd say we have slipped from a Top 6 team to a 9-12 team, sadly.

One of the reasons I was holding off on my picks.

Reckon we’ve gone from 6th to 10th just like that!’

We’ll be 0/4 and that’s hard to come back from , especially as I reckon “ round 4” is really “ round 10”

I find your continuous, unambiguous and impetuous mentioning of innocuous somewhat strenuous, contemptuous, disingenuous, assiduous and superfluous ....

067418dddffc69d0fe88a1741201ddf0.gif

Well , given the circumstances of this week I’m far less confident of Manly being in the finals but on a wing and prayer I’ll put them at 8.

South’s
Penrith
Raiders
Storm
Squeals
Rorters
Titans
Manly

Spoon - Dragoons

Think it’ll be a fight for 8th spot between perhaps Tigers / Sharks / Manly

This is on the assumption that Tom is missing for much longer than round 4.

If he’s not back until round 10 / 12 the horse will have already bolted.

1-5 in no order
Panthers, Raiders, Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs

6-8 in no order
Manly, Titans, Parra

Spoon - Dragons

Was pretty close last year.

panthers
Raiders
Storm
Rabbits
Eels
Roosters