Pre June 30 cleanouts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Parramatta Eels co-captain Beau Scott has announced his retirement from rugby league today following a season ending ACL injury sustained earlier this year.

Jackson Hastings gone

Bulldogs clearance sale .... etc etc

Yes it's interesting, Bulldogs I completely understand but Scott, perplexing. I doubt Parra have any salary cap issues but perhaps they're lining up a big fish?

Well apparently we are allowed to spend 350k over the cap because of the new international/rep game injury compo rule to replace uate.

We have till Saturday to pick up someone.

Surely the dogs have a fire sale on.

You can expect the slime to load up on their roster, as usual.
Turdburger will put too many hurdles out for us to sign anyone.

Well apparently we are allowed to spend 350k over the cap because of the new international/rep game injury compo rule to replace uate.

They do, but the trouble is there burnt.

Get Hoppa back. :wait:
He is a winger and would qualify :)

Would cover fb whilst Turbo is on rep duties as well :nod:

Its a black mark on the game.

Seriously where did the 30 June deadline come from, we are 15 rounds into a 25 round season.

In my opinion no players should be allowed t change clubs after round 1.

Frankly a player training with one side in the morning and then training with his new side that afternoon is ludicrous.

Its a black mark on the game.

Seriously where did the 30 June deadline come from, we are 15 rounds into a 25 round season.

In my opinion no players should be allowed t change clubs after round 1.
Though I love to see a season-boosting player transfer into Manly colours this year because we suck, I really dislike the whole deal. It contributes to the lack of loyalty in today's game. The jersey you play in doesn't matter to these blokes. Just the biggest pay packet, whoever's offering. That's why they all stand around grinning with the opposition even after humiliating losses.
Coach n'pops would demand that my players hang their heads and get into the shed immediately after a loss.
Bunch of overpaid, over-pampered pussies.
Bring back pride in the jersey.
Bring back players who don't want to jump ship as soon as the going gets tough.
Bring back coaches who don't except excuses.
Bring back Manly!
*Just a mini rant to begin my school holidays with. 2.2 weeks off.;)

Yep. The sport is quickly turning into a Yankee spectacle. Clubs being privately owned. Owners trading players over lunchtime drinks. Stats covering all aspects of a performance (I still don't know what a 'hit-up' is. It used to be called 'dying with the ball'). Interchanges. Defence being called 'D'. 25-metres becoming 'Red Zones'. Shot clocks. Tries becoming 'touch downs'. Making good runs becoming 'Post contact metres'. Blokes becoming bigger, boofier and less talented. Players being restricted to certain side of the field, ie 'edge forward'. Game plans. Multiple officials. Forward passes (we already have these, I suppose). Stay tuned for our two 40-minute halves becoming four 20-minute quarters.
But back to trading players. I recall one story of an American baseball player who turned up for a match but was stopped from entering the team's dressing room by an official who directed him to the opposition's dressing room. He had been traded to the other team hours before and hadn't been notified.

Yep. The sport is quickly turning into a Yankee spectacle. Clubs being privately owned. Owners trading players over lunchtime drinks. Stats covering all aspects of a performance (I still don't know what a 'hit-up' is. It used to be called 'dying with the ball'). Interchanges. Defence being called 'D'. 25-metres becoming 'Red Zones'. Shot clocks. Tries becoming 'touch downs'. Making good runs becoming 'Post contact metres'. Blokes becoming bigger, boofier and less talented. Players being restricted to certain side of the field, ie 'edge forward'. Game plans. Multiple officials. Forward passes (we already have these, I suppose). Stay tuned for our two 40-minute halves becoming four 20-minute quarters.
But back to trading players. I recall one story of an American baseball player who turned up for a match but was stopped from entering the team's dressing room by an official who directed him to the opposition's dressing room. He had been traded to the other team hours before and hadn't been notified.

God help us all if it gets to that!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4