Pre Game thread: Manly v Sharks [Week 1 Finals, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des Hasler on Tony Williams (Sky News): "Tony's a pretty seasoned campaigner, you know he's played numerous grand finals, he's played in pressure games so, he knows what he has to do. He'll be coming off the bench as interchange, but at the moment he's on the extended bench."
The Big Dog is going to play. Shmole will go to 2nd row in place of Gosi.

The Big Dog is going to play. Shmole will go to 2nd row in place of Gosi.
Like most pundits I would expect Cronulla to win this on paper. However, if there’s one team we’ve been able to jag a win against it’s the Sharks. I’ll be going to my first game this year, and after just finding out I’m grouped with Beaver Menzies at Terrey Hills Par 3 course next Wednesday night, hoping that’s a sign.

Sounds like T-Rex will find his way on the bench even though Des tried to take it back by saying at this stage he is on the extended bench.

Des Hasler on Tony Williams (Sky News): "Tony's a pretty seasoned campaigner, you know he's played numerous grand finals, he's played in pressure games so, he knows what he has to do. He'll be coming off the bench as interchange, but at the moment he's on the extended bench."

Looks like the Dinosaur is IN!!

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/19/undermanned-sea-eagles-upset-sharks-in-shire/

Undermanned Sea Eagles upset Sharks in Shire
Author
Dan WalshNRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Sun 19 May 2019, 05:54 PM

------
giphy.gif

Big ask for Sipley to come in for a single game. He will have 0 match fitness. Hasn't had any finals experience??...
It's a big ask.

Trex almost reads the exact opposite. He's played in plenty of clutch moments. Match fit. Experienced on and off the bench.

Wish the big fella all the best. It would be quite fitting for him to have a great game for us as he has done in the past.
If Trex can replicate his 2011 semi final effort against the Cowboys at the SFS when he tore them another arsehole then we will be ok

I keep saying it BUT if we win it will go down in the Sea Eagles anals as one of , if not THE GREATEST EVER VICTORIES!!

I agree entirely, and not only because of our huge injury list, but also because of the unscrupulous NRL tactics. They tried everything possible to relocate our earnt game at home. The media tarnished our home ground and basically got enough coverage to that of a terrorist attack. When from the outset the Council gave assurances it was not a concerning event.

So, if the boys get up on Saturday night it will definitely live long in my memory bank (2019 the year Manly sent Gallen into retirement, and the year Greenturd had to wipe the smirk off his face).

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8