Pre Game thread: Manly v Sharks [Week 1 Finals, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They have a good pack and Johnson and Townsend are in better form then our halves. We need a dry track and we need dce to take control, he usually has great games against the sharks. We really need jetski and boyle to come good the team id go with...

1. Elliot
2. Jorge
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Walks
7. Dce
8. Afb
9. Fainu
10. Jake
11. Waddell
12. Jetski
13. Api

14. Croker
15. Perrett
16. Boyle
17. Keppie

If boyle is out bring in sipley if fit

@BOZO what do you think of this team

They have a good pack and Johnson and Townsend are in better form then our halves. We need a dry track and we need dce to take control, he usually has great games against the sharks. We really need jetski and boyle to come good the team id go with...

1. Elliot
2. Jorge
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Walks
7. Dce
8. Afb
9. Fainu
10. Jake
11. Waddell
12. Jetski
13. Api

14. Croker
15. Perrett
16. Boyle
17. Keppie

It is a team with players that have done the job before and I believe they can do it again provided they complete

https://silvertails.net/threads/sharks-v-manly-round-10-2019.56894/

Manly 24-14 with this roster

01. Brendan Elliott
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Dylan Walker
04. Brad Parker
05. Reuben Garrick
19. Cade Cust
07. Kane Elgey
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen

13. Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14. Manase Fainu
15. Jack Gosiewski
16. Corey Waddell
17. Morgan Boyle

https://silvertails.net/threads/sharks-v-manly-round-10-2019.56894/

Manly 24-14 with this roster

01. Brendan Elliott
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Dylan Walker
04. Brad Parker
05. Reuben Garrick
19. Cade Cust
07. Kane Elgey
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen

13. Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14. Manase Fainu
15. Jack Gosiewski
16. Corey Waddell
17. Morgan Boyle

I like this team as it has a strike centre and a creative 5/8 that we missed i

1. Elliot
2. Jorge
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Walks
7. Dce
8. Afb
9. Fainu
10. Jake
11. Waddell
12. Jetski
13. Api

14. Croker
15. Perrett
16. Boyle
17. Keppie

Api at lock. I like it. Sharks forwards off the bench were really good. Give Api one job. Tackle everything in the middle third for 80.

On the plus side - against Manly the Sharks will probably be complacent.
They'll be thinking of week 2 finals, and daydreaming about a shot at unlikely premiership glory to come.
I'm sure not a single commentator will give us a chance all week.
Sure they have plenty of experienced players but that lot includes a few big-heads and has-beens.
Our biggest, possibly only advantage, may be Des vs an inexperienced head coach in John Morris.

Api at lock. I like it. Sharks forwards off the bench were really good. Give Api one job. Tackle everything in the middle third for 80.
We'll need jake at prop to help afb combat fifita and prior. He can play long minutes there as well, we need fainu on to create space and offload like he does. Api is too slow and he can fill jakes link man role plus he can ball play.. he'd be like cam murray in a way

For many years we have had the wood on the fishies. This weekend is just about their best chance to beat us. We are battered and bruised and severely depleted, this is the time to stand up!!

Its Sunday afternoon game isn't?

Will be tough, sharks have pretty good D and without Tommy and Siro, scoring could be hard but the biggest issue will be the loss of Marty, Thomo and Siro defence, they are the key to our defence structure and will be all out!!

On the plus side - against Manly the Sharks will probably be complacent.
They'll be thinking of week 2 finals, and daydreaming about a shot at unlikely premiership glory to come.
I'm sure not a single commentator will give us a chance all week.
Sure they have plenty of experienced players but that lot includes a few big-heads and has-beens.
Our biggest, possibly only advantage, may be Des vs an inexperienced head coach in John Morris.

Let’s hope it’s the Finals week 1 Des not the round 25 one!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4