PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Rabbitohs v Manly [Round 17, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am tipping us tomorrow by 8 but with no confidence at all
Think tomorrow’s match is more ours to win than Souths lose.
We have the team that should win by a close margin but a desperate Souths team and we could be in for a rude shock. This is one of those games I can see us losing by dumb footy plays or by taking the opposition lightly.

Turbo is the new Mr Plod - plays Rep games then rests :confused:

Really disappointed in not having Turbo rack up a triple for Manly this weekend :(
You and me both (disappointed).

And watching Tom on Wed night not doing a real lot, certainly not like in game 2, and thinking optimistically he must be saving himself for Saturday. How wrong was I :tmi:

If anyone deserves a rest its Jake, but he'll no doubt steam down the middle and tackle his heart out as usual. God love him :inlove:

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/07/12/nrl-squad-reduced-for-souths-match/

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Coach Des Hasler has reduced his team to play the South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium on Saturday in round 17 of the Telstra Premiership.

Tom Trbojevic, Kane Elgey and Lloyd Perrett drop out of the 22 man squad named on Tuesday.

Manly team
14 Brendan Elliot

2 Jorge Taufua

3 Dylan Walker

4 Moses Suli

5 Reuben Garrick

6 Cade Cust

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

8 Addin Fonua-Blake

9 Manase Fainu

10 Martin Taupau

11 Joel Thompson

12 Curtis Sironen

13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

15 Corey Waddell

16 Morgan Boyle

17 Taniela Paseka

18 Lachlan Croker

20 Brad Parker

21 Haumole Olakau’atu

I like this bench, hopefully stays the same when Tom is back.

Well in the interview today Des said all 3 pulled up ok so I would assume Turbo is being rested.

I actually won't be surprised if DCE is rested given he has been 100% to give that ankle time to recover another week.

Jake, no way he is letting Des rest him. Guy is a machine.

Bloody hell hasn’t Tom been rested enough this year? Christ he’s only played like 4 nrl games and 2 origins. Must have a tight hammy. Agree with above Jakey will never be rested, he won’t allow it. Out of our 3 origin players Tom is the least deserving of a rest.

I have no issue at all with Tom being ‘rested’. Muscle fatigue is a key cause of injury and re-injury and to be honest there would have been minimal recovery for him following Wednesday night, even though he wasn’t as heavily involved.

Staff would have thoroughly assessed and tested him etc and whilst as Des mentioned he could have played, I’d rather a cautious approach than risk any further time without him.

I have no issue at all with Tom being ‘rested’. Muscle fatigue is a key cause of injury and re-injury and to be honest there would have been minimal recovery for him following Wednesday night, even though he wasn’t as heavily involved.

Staff would have thoroughly assessed and tested him etc and whilst as Des mentioned he could have played, I’d rather a cautious approach than risk any further time without him.
Yeah suspect he might have a slight twinge or soreness and the staff ain’t taking any chances. I just think this is a real key game for us and the 2pts are significant as much for us as well as souths not getting them. Elliot’s a good replacement tho and won’t let anyone down, he’s proven that.

Yeah suspect he might have a slight twinge or soreness and the staff ain’t taking any chances. I just think this is a real key game for us and the 2pts are significant as much for us as well as souths not getting them. Elliot’s a good replacement tho and won’t let anyone down, he’s proven that.
Agree crucial game for us

Turbo Tom being rested tomrrow
I don't mind this, although obviously we have way more strike when he plays. Des wants him for the run home to the finals, and the injury he had is one that we definitely don't want to recur.
Aside from that, it's good for the team's mentality to go out and win without the superstar. They were doing it earlier in the year, and doubtless that is the mentality Des would want to encourage.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4