PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly vs Storm [Round 1, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So .... the NRL will continue to get the broadcasting monies even without a crowd ..... but for the clubs, no gate or concession income .... what's that ... a loss of about $700,000 of turnover (per home game) .... how long before some clubs are laying people off and are hat in hand going broke ....

Last edited:
Manly should then have a good case to request and receive some dispensation from their rental arrangement fees for Brookie with the local council Maybe some of that reported additional 30 mil in N R L revenue can to be utilized to assist the clubs as well for the duration of future crowd lock out matches .

Its a financial disaster for the game as it is for the entire community but the lessons from other countries are quite clear - best way to limit the damage is to get in early with strong measures to limit social contact and reduce the rate of spreading infection.

For his first years, probably many last passes from Steve, Brett and Kieran.

Interesting - in this wonderful 2014-15 highlights clip, the majority of Jorge's tries are from Snake try assists - many are cut-out passes.

To me it’s inevitable that the 2020 season will be at least suspended or worse cancelled.

They can play in empty stadiums all they like BUT as soon as one single player contracts the disease it’s “ game over”.

We might get a few rounds in but I’d be surprised if we are still playing by Easter.

To me it’s inevitable that the 2020 season will be at least suspended or worse cancelled.

They can play in empty stadiums all they like BUT as soon as one single player contracts the disease it’s “ game over”.

We might get a few rounds in but I’d be surprised if we are still playing by Easter.

Talk about a long off season

Far more likely to be played in empty stadiums than cancelled

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10