PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly vs Storm [Round 1, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Interview with Jorge - 150th game on Sunday!

Go Jorge! Not a classic winger in the old style but such a strong player.
I'm guessing not too many wingers would have racked up more games for the mighty Sea Eagles.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Glancing over the Storm team, there are several I know nothing about. It makes me wonder if this is as strong a Storm side as has been suggested. Could be wrong, but if my gut feeling is right, Manly may win this one comfortably. Mind you I'm basing that on limited knowledge about the Storm players.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Go Jorge! Not a classic winger in the old style but such a strong player.
I'm guessing not too many wingers would have racked up more games for the mighty Sea Eagles.
Craig Hancock 173, Tom Mooney 163, Hoppa and Robbo 150. So he has a chance to go top of the list if he stays fit and plays the full season. Only 12 more tries and he goes past Skivvi into 4th overall for the club.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Glancing over the Storm team, there are several I know nothing about. It makes me wonder if this is as strong a Storm side as has been suggested. Could be wrong, but if my gut feeling is right, Manly may win this one comfortably. Mind you I'm basing that on limited knowledge about the Storm players.

Bellamy builds his teams around a few stars and the rest just doing their job and not much else , forget the names they’ll turn up to play.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Papenhuyzen - Australia 9s'
(the 2 wingers you've heard of, and Munster)
Seve - Samoa international
Olam - PNG international
Hughes - NZ international
Forwards - close to strongest pack in the comp, don't assume NAS won't play. Couple of young giants on the bench. Oh yeah, and they have Smith. Very strong side, it will be a great win if we beat them and we may well!

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
The Storm forward pack is 1 of few who Manly would find tough to dominate....if a team has a great middle led around by Smith...with a few guns in the backline led around by Munster and coached by the ultra competitive Bellamy, will compete in just about any game.
Will need to be at absolute best to get the 2 points....how about this - Manly get the 2 points by 1 point.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Dessie isn't unaccostumed to smoke and mirrors. I'll believe both Jake and AFB are playing when I see them run out onto the field wearing a jersey. Really surprised no Trex. Stunned.

Stunned because of the pre game hype or stunned because you think he should be there??

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What an amazing team announced by us. I can't see any holes in it. Backline, mint. Forwards, possibly league leading. Bench, okay, down on Waddell , Gosiewski and Paseka, but that's depth galore !!

I'm really excited !!

Croker over Cust is interesting as well.

Missing Corey and Jack but they’ll be back at some stage.

Keppie will go ok.

D

Deleted member 26876

Pretty happy with it! Probably pretty unlikely jake and afb make the game but glad Keppie has secured a spot. Only change I'd make later down the track is Trex in for Boyle (and choose between paseka or guacamole). Very happy he's gone for Croker over Cust

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
MATCH OFFICIALS:

Matt Cecchin

Referee

Jon Stone
Referee

Dave Munro
Touch Judge

Tim Roby
Touch Judge

Ben Galea
Video Referee

Steve Chiddy
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Wow. Jorge, the quiet achiever :)
Also just realised his strike rate is the best out of all those wingers
Hank - 173 games 64 tries
Mooney - 163 games 83 tries
Hoppa - 150 games 69 tries
Robbo - 150 games 68 tries
Horhay - 149 games 80 tries

Wolfman leads the way from the modern group of sideline dwellers- 103 games - 66 tries

Also just realised his strike rate is the best out of all those wingers
Hank - 173 games 64 tries
Mooney - 163 games 83 tries
Hoppa - 150 games 69 tries
Robbo - 150 games 68 tries
Horhay - 149 games 80 tries

Wolfman leads the way from the modern group of sideline dwellers- 103 games - 66 tries
Yeah, and so many think he doesn't belong anymore. Shame on you...he is not done yet.

Rosko

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Dessie isn't unaccostumed to smoke and mirrors. I'll believe both Jake and AFB are playing when I see them run out onto the field wearing a jersey. Really surprised no Trex. Stunned.
Not in BWSE either. So an injury we didn’t know about - or what?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16