PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Titans [Round 6, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We should rest Turbo more, save him for the back end of the season when we need that TURBO in the Manly V8. If he heals well enough, we will be a force to reckon with come finals. Let the team build some character without him, some more tough gritty wins.

Provided we have no injuries during the week (and no one to my knowledge got put on report last night).....this is the side I think Des will name on Tuesday arvo:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Morgan Harper
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Josh Aloiai
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Josh Schuster
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Cade Cust, Martin Taupau, Toafofoa Sipley, Sean Keppie

18 - Tevita Funa
19 - Zac Saddler
20 - Christian Tuipulotu
21 - Ben Trbojevic
With Turbo in Des would be wise to add an outside back to the bench to cover him for the first few games he plays. It worked out well against warriors when Walker came off. Cust brings more energy and running game like he did against Panthers and he can play the full 80, i would drop Croker and add Funa to bench.

With a few more injuries last night and a couple of guys due back, what team do we put up next week?

I’m hoping for something like this:

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Harper
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Cust
10. Aloiai
11. Haumole
12. Schuster
13. Turbo

14. Croker
15. Keppie
16. Taupau
17. Sipley/Saddler

Walker, Lawton, Sirro to come in when fit.
We know Croker will be starting

I know it wont happen but tom in the centres for a spell and funa/garrick fullback would be worth a shot to get some longevity out of him

also when jorge comes back have him as a bench second rower as he can get us going on the front foot off our own line which is something we lack
Horhay ain't playing backrow anytime soon IMO. Most edge backrowers are 80 minutes these days anyway. If Jorge isn't starting on the wing then he isn't in the team.

With a few more injuries last night and a couple of guys due back, what team do we put up next week?

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Harper
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Cust
10. Aloiai
11. Haumole
12. Schuster
13. Turbo

14. Croker
15. Keppie
16. Taupau
17. Sipley/Saddler

Wow, you have a lotta faith in Turbo. Out all year and you make him play 1 and 8?

We should rest Turbo more, save him for the back end of the season when we need that TURBO in the Manly V8. If he heals well enough, we will be a force to reckon with come finals. Let the team build some character without him, some more tough gritty wins.
Are you saying that we will be in the. Finals ?? Geez I think some of you are now getting carried away after one win against a poor Warriors team even if it was a gutsy win.
We need Turbo ASAP or we are no chance for final 8 plus look at all the other injuries we have inherited !

Sure is, I really feel sorry for Dylan.

Has played out of his best position for so long, was playing so well last night against RTS, trying to get a contract renewal and then whammo.

I know he's had his 'moments' over the years but I just think the way he got hurt last night...it sucks.

If he concentrated on playing footy instead of getting pissed and in trouble off the field maybe he would have had more chances of playing at centre. Zero sympathy, only has himself to blame

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic - (hamstring, round 5-6)
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Morgan Harper
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Josh Aloiai
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Cade Cust - (Virus)
15. Toafofoa Sipley
16. Sean Keppie
17. Martin Taupau

Reserves:

18. Tevita Funa
19. Christian Tuipulotu
20. Ben Trbojevic
21. Zac Saddler - Development Player
22. Tolutau Koula
23. Sione Fainu - Development Player
24. Alec Tuitavake - Development Player
25. Kaeo Weekes - Development Player
26. Jorge Taufua - (Achilles, round 5-6)
27. Curtis Sironen - (knee, round 6-8)

Injured or Unavailable:
  • Jack Gosiewski - (ankle, TBA)
  • Dylan Walker - (hamstring, TBA)
  • Morgan Boyle - (shoulder, TBA)
  • Moses Suli - (back, TBA)
  • Haumole Olakau'atu - (elbow, round 5)
  • Tom Trbojevic - (hamstring, round 5-6)
  • Jorge Taufua - (Achilles, round 5-6)
  • Curtis Sironen - (knee, round 6-8)
  • Karl Lawton - (Achilles, round 11-12)
  • Andrew Davey - (knee, season)
  • Manase Fainu - (stood down, indefinite)

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Harper
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Cust
10. Aloiai
11. Haumole
12. Schuster
13. Jurbo

14. Croker
15. Keppie
16. Taupau
17. Sipley/Saddler

Thats the team id go with... Sipley deserves his spot he did really well last night.

Gee its a pity Walker got hurt, but thats footy.
Sure is, I really feel sorry for Dylan.

I know he's had his 'moments' over the years but I just think the way he got hurt last night...it sucks.
and at the same time, getting his pants pulled down and showing the world his bare buttocks live on TV to boot.

With Turbo in Des would be wise to add an outside back to the bench to cover him for the first few games he plays. It worked out well against warriors when Walker came off. Cust brings more energy and running game like he did against Panthers and he can play the full 80, i would drop Croker and add Funa to bench.

If there is the need to have someone on the bench just in case Turbo gets injured then he shouldn't even be playing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6