PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Titans [Round 6, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
With a few more injuries last night and a couple of guys due back, what team do we put up next week?

I’m hoping for something like this:

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Harper
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Cust
10. Aloiai
11. Haumole
12. Schuster
13. Jurbo

14. Croker
15. Keppie
16. Taupau
17. Sipley/Saddler

Walker, Lawton, Sirro to come in when fit.

Last edited:
Provided we have no injuries during the week (and no one to my knowledge got put on report last night).....this is the side I think Des will name on Tuesday arvo:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Morgan Harper
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Josh Aloiai
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Josh Schuster
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Cade Cust, Martin Taupau, Toafofoa Sipley, Sean Keppie

18 - Tevita Funa
19 - Zac Saddler
20 - Christian Tuipulotu
21 - Ben Trbojevic

With a few more injuries last night and a couple of guys due back, what team do we put up next week?

I’m hoping for something like this:

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Harper
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Cust
10. Aloiai
11. Haumole
12. Schuster
13. Turbo

14. Croker
15. Keppie
16. Taupau
17. Sipley/Saddler

Walker, Lawton, Sirro to come in when fit.
Spot on!

It'll be a matter of finding 17 fit blokes. Jetski and Walker gone now too it seems

That worries me because we might feel forced to bring Tommy back a week or two early and that heightens the risk of re-injury to that hammy. Which would be devastating for the rest of the season

Cust should be right, so he'll come back in for Funa and fingers crossed Guaca is good to go as a replacement for Jetski. There's two improvements to last nights side already. Replacing Walker is the issue. Ideally a fully fit Tommy, or does Funa hold his spot ? You have to think he is ahead of Tippytoes as he got the gig in front of him last night.

I think the bench is a hard one to pick against the titans. I'd hate for us to leave cust out but feel it would be beneficial to have funa at 14 in case tom goes down. If we have to play a forward in the centres the tits will shred us

I think the bench is a hard one to pick against the titans. I'd hate for us to leave cust out but feel it would be beneficial to have funa at 14 in case tom goes down. If we have to play a forward in the centres the tits will shred us
If we are picking Funa in case Tom goes down then Tom shouldn’t be playing. I’m really hoping Titans pick up a couple of injuries this weekend. Will be tough game.

I get your point, but as @Waz13 said, if Funa has to be picked to cover Tom then he really shouldn't be picked yet. I guess if any forward could play centre it would probably be Schuster. I wonder in that scenario would Des have any thoughts of Shoe to 5/8 and Foz back to his old position of centre??

I think Schuster could cover centre without a problem. Both attack and defence. Cust definitely needs to be in the team. Adds some much needed spark to a side that doesn't have much. OK we won last night, but you couldn't say with any confidence that we were the better side. There are still some big issues with our attack and Cust adds some better options there. Schuster gives us that utility value so we can go 3 forwards and Cust

While last night's win was a good confidence boost and there was improvement from the team, especially in defense ... I do have to say this morning that the Warriors weren't exactly Penrith or Melbourne. Without AFB's go forward giving their halves room to move both Nikorima and O'Sullivan looked a bit lost for ideas last night and as usual with that team it fell back onto RTS to basically do just about everything to get them going.

Still, with Turbo most likely back and Cust back in the 17, I think we can give the Titans a run for their money next weekend.

I get everyones point, but these days I'm accustomed to tom going down fit or not. It will take a few games from him to make that feeling go away. I reckon foran is too slow to play centre. Schuster i agree could play anywhere, but in a team that is struggling with defensive structures i think a like for like replacement is better served as opposed to shifting multiple players out of position. We won it in the middle last night and schuster at second row was a big part of that. Having an outside back to replace walker was also key. If cust could play 80 mins, problem somewhat solved. Maybe he can?

I know it wont happen but tom in the centres for a spell and funa/garrick fullback would be worth a shot to get some longevity out of him

also when jorge comes back have him as a bench second rower as he can get us going on the front foot off our own line which is something we lack

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8