PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Titans [Round 19, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The question is not only, will Turbo be risked, also will Burbo get a crack, perhaps off the bench?. I'd like to see what he has to offer and what would be lost? I cant see Walker coming back this year. Like to see Manly win, but more important to see what the young guys have to offer.
We would be crazy not to give him a run and a taste. Aside from Ben, I'm not sure what Olakau'atu has done to be out of favour for so long. Waddell is gone and wasn't doing anything anyway, why would they have him in the 21 at all?

Des still sux at selecting..80 min of crocker crap..and levi 80 min yeah give me a break..give medcalfe a chance and what the hell is barretts bitch waddell in there not part of our plans but hey okalauatu is but we will just mind **** him and name him then dump him for a useless run sideways jerk
Croker crap old son

Des still sux at selecting..80 min of crocker crap..and levi 80 min yeah give me a break..give medcalfe a chance and what the hell is barretts bitch waddell in there not part of our plans but hey okalauatu is but we will just mind **** him and name him then dump him for a useless run sideways jerk
Who the hell is left to fill the 6 besides Croker?

Croker crap old son

For some reason both Barrett and Des seem enamoured by Croker. He's solid, tackles quite reasonably, tries hard, but he has rarely shown qualities justifying his ongoing selection ahead of others more skilful. Good stop gap, but doesn't have the creative mind to be effective at 5/8. Hard to fathom what Barrett and Hasler see in him

For some reason both Barrett and Des seem enamoured by Croker. He's solid, tackles quite reasonably, tries hard, but he has rarely shown qualities justifying his ongoing selection ahead of others more skilful. Good stop gap, but doesn't have the creative mind to be effective at 5/8. Hard to fathom what Barrett and Hasler see in him
At 6 he dummies when he should pass, and passes when he should dummy. So he needs to do the opposite.

Hope Des swaps Waddell for Hamuole , Waddell is leaving why play him in front of a young forward that is staying
If Tom plays I’d say Miski drops out and Funa to wing
Cant see any changes other than mentioned that Des would do

If Garrick is available I'd say that either Hopoate will drop out, or he'll move to centre and Harper will miss out. But if Reubs is fit to play then I dare say he'll play.

I'm kinda betting our back 5 that runs out will be Turbo, Funa, Parker, Harper, Garrick.

Have Tenterfield and Sippers left the building?
Can someone tell me what the point is selecting an injured AFB, and Duck?
Also, what's the point of this 21 man selection? It's lost on me. The top 17 almost always change.

So we rush Turbo back for two games once our season has gone just so he can be ready for Origin. Then he tears his hamstring in the high intensity games and misses the start of next season. Shades of Walker and Jake the last two rep seasons.
Can't see an upside for us in any of this.

You have just highlighted exactly why AFL clubs put on such a stink over State of Origin that eventually, state games were just left to the state based leagues. The clubs were loathe to have their star players, who they were paying very very good money, possibly getting injured in a game that had nothing to do with winning a premiership. Origin in Aussie rules became more and more like City vs Country in league. Players with no injuries were being ruled out by club doctors left, right and centre ... yet they were somehow fully recovered by the next club game. And since the AFL couldn't actually force the clubs to release players for rep duty, or actually force the players to play ... Aussie rules SoO was quietly shelved.

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Matt Noyen

Referee

Liam Kennedy
Touch Judge

Gavin Badger
Touch Judge

TBA
Video Referee

Jared Maxwell
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Horse Head is in the Vidiot Box so don't expect any favours from there this weekend.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4