PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Rabbits [Round 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
well he has said he won’t be making changes. Defence was bad, especially edge defence and players need more accountability.
Well F me. I don’t know what game he was watching but Garrick and Parker need to go.
He has rocks in his head if Schuster isn’t in the 17 - he will bring Cust and put Crocker to the bench knowing Des.

then again - this team may turn it around next week.
You watch if Foran is injured, he’ll probably bring Cust in at 5/8th, keep Croker at 9 and Schuster still won’t get a run @:D

I can’t read this thread properly due to all the egg on my face from posters who said croker, Parker and Garrick were fine being in the team!

If des does not change things up the season has gone before it’s barely begun.

There is an air of complacency in the playing group which leads to no urgency, no desire and it is fed by no fear of reprisal or replacement.

Big mess you got on your hands des, you helped make It and I hope you can unmake it, and quick!
Name those people? I want to take what their taking, at least I won't remember that performance or lack there of

How's this from left field guys (the shake-up) team. Don't forget, the dropping of marquee players at The Panthers is what changed their culture around (Nathan Cleary dropped):

01. Morgan Harper
02. Jason Saab
03. Ben Trbojevic
04. Dylan Walker
05. Christian Tuipulotu
06. Josh Schuster
07. Kieran Foran
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Cade Cust
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Andrew Davey
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jack Gosi
15. Marty Taupau
16. Sean Keppie
17. Curtis Sironen

Show these players they aren't untouchable regardless of their pay packet, and it demands, effort , form , energy and passion.

How's this from left field guys (the shake-up) team. Don't forget, the dropping of marquee players at The Panthers is what changed their culture around (Nathan Cleary dropped):

01. Morgan Harper
02. Jason Saab
03. Ben Trbojevic
04. Dylan Walker
05. Christian Tuipulotu
06. Josh Schuster
07. Kieran Foran
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Cade Cust
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Andrew Davey
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jack Gosi
15. Marty Taupau
16. Sean Keppie
17. Curtis Sironen

Show these players they aren't untouchable regardless of their pay packet, and it demands, effort , form , energy and passion.
Jake is wasted at 13.
Bit right idea.

01. Morgan Harper
02. Jason Saab
03. Ben Trbojevic
04. Dylan Walker
05. Christian Tuipulotu
06. Josh Schuster
07. Kieran Foran
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Cade Cust
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Andrew Davey
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jack Gosi
15. Marty Taupau
16. Sean Keppie
17. Curtis Sironen

Love it, might actually get some passion

The big problem is we have our 3 best attacking players on the sidelines. Fainu, Turbo and Schuster would completely transform this side. Add to that Olakau-atu probably our most damaging forward!
With no trial games and the team selected this was an expected outcome. We lacked fitness and couldn't even complete sets and catch simple balls. It was absolutely no improvement on last year and if Des is as stubborn as last year then maybe his job actually could be on the line

The big problem is we have our 3 best attacking players on the sidelines. Fainu, Turbo and Schuster would completely transform this side. Add to that Olakau-atu probably our most damaging forward!
With no trial games and the team selected this was an expected outcome. We lacked fitness and couldn't even complete sets and catch simple balls. It was absolutely no improvement on last year and if Des is as stubborn as last year then maybe his job actually could be on the line
Would like to see Guaca on that left edge, Foran likes the face balls, need a big body running off him.. I don’t know how Suli would go on the left edge, I would try him there as he gets no quick ball on the right edge.

1. Walker - out of position - did some good and bad
2. Garrick - not up to first grade
3. Suli - needs better ball and get on the outside of his opposite
4. Parker - tries hard but not first grade starter
5. Saab - some good some bad
6. Foran - had some good touches
7. DCE - most inconsistent half back in the comp. Looked like he hadn’t been to training since origin last year
8. Marty - not the player he was 3 years ago. Turning in to a soft front rower
9. Crocker - not first grade standard
10. Aloiai - ok but no where near AFB level so a step backwards from what we had last year
11. Sirro - old and slow
12. Gosiewski- bench player at best
13. Jake - built for the grind but unfortunatly game has changed and his days are up. Needs to bulk up and become a full time prop.

1. Harper
2.Saab
3. Walker
4. Suli
5. Funa
6. Schuster
7. Foran
8. Jake
9. DCE
10.Marty
11. Haumole
12. Sironen
13. Keppie

14. Jack G
15. Paseka
16. Aloai
17. Davey

18. Cust
19. Boyle
20. Sipley
21. Parker

1. Walker - out of position - did some good and bad
2. Garrick - not up to first grade
3. Suli - needs better ball and get on the outside of his opposite
4. Parker - tries hard but not first grade starter
5. Saab - some good some bad
6. Foran - had some good touches
7. DCE - most inconsistent half back in the comp. Looked like he hadn’t been to training since origin last year
8. Marty - not the player he was 3 years ago. Turning in to a soft front rower
9. Crocker - not first grade standard
10. Aloiai - ok but no where near AFB level so a step backwards from what we had last year
11. Sirro - old and slow
12. Gosiewski- bench player at best
13. Jake - built for the grind but unfortunatly game has changed and his days are up. Needs to bulk up and become a full time prop.
Good fair summary on the players today.

This is the full 29 player squad + 4 player development squad. After probably the worst opening round loss in Manly's history, how many are likely to get a game during the season?
  • Josh Aloiai
  • Morgan Boyle
  • Daly Cherry-Evans
  • Lachlan Croker
  • Cade Cust
  • Andrew Davey
  • Manase Fainu*
  • Kieran Foran
  • Tevita Funa
  • Reuben Garrick
  • Jack Gosiewski
  • Morgan Harper
  • Sean Keppie
  • Tolutau Koula
  • Haumole Olakau'ata
  • Brad Parker
  • Taniela Paseka
  • Jason Saab
  • Joshua Schuster
  • Toafofoa Sipley
  • Curtis Sironen
  • Moses Suli
  • Jorge Taufua
  • Martin Taupau
  • Ben Trbojevic
  • Jake Trbojevic
  • Tom Trbojevic
  • Christian Tuipulotu
  • Dylan Walker
Zac Saddler, Sione Fainu, Kaeo Weekes, Alec Tuitavake

1. Harper
2. Saab
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Funa
6. Schuster
7. Foran
8. Paseka
9. Dce
10. Marty
11. Jetski
12. Davey
13 . Jake
14. Cust
15. Aloiai
16. Guac
17. Saddler

For the record, like I said this past week with the Chooks, the Bunnies are better than them, coming off a loss to The Storm, and will be chomping at the bit. They are going to put a cricket score on us (again), bearing in mind they pumped over 50 on us last time we played them
Yes next week is a 100% loss.. cody walker and latrine are going to destroy us. Question is which one do i make my SC captain? Probably Latrine right?
We also have the storm round 4.... our for and against is going to be shot to pieces before round 5. Hope tommy turtle had fun racing harry turbo

01. Morgan Harper
02. Jason Saab
03. Ben Trbojevic
04. Dylan Walker
05. Christian Tuipulotu
06. Josh Schuster
07. Kieran Foran
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Cade Cust
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Andrew Davey
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jack Gosi
15. Marty Taupau
16. Sean Keppie
17. Curtis Sironen

Does everyone seriously believe every player actually cares if they get dropped or get injured. They get paid regardless and they dont need to be part of a rabble. I wouldn't mind collecting a monthly paycheck just sitting in the players box. Yes many do care, but im pretty sure not everyone does unless its contact negotiation year.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8