PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Parramatta [Round 10, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Team for this week and God gives us strength!!

Sea Eagles team

1 Brendan Elliot

2 Jorge Taufua

3 Brad Parker

4 Moses Suli

5 Reuben Garrick

6 Cade Cust

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

8 Taniela Paseka

9 Danny Levi

10 Martin Taupau

11 Joel Thompson

12 Curtis Sironen

13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14 Lachlan Croker

15 Jack Gosiewski

16 Sean Keppie

17 Corey Waddell

18 Haumole Olakau’atu

19 Tevita Funa

20 Abbas Miski

21 Toafofoa Sipley

There is absolutely no way that Dessie will only start with the one prop on the bench against the Eels. I can see Sipley coming onto the bench (about time too) in place of Gosiewski. Surely Garrick & Taufua are on their last chance as both are struggling. Reuben Garrick definitely as part of the reason he is in the starting side is because of his goal kicking. As he is struggling with that and he is doing too much sideways running , I would look at Abbas Miski as he at least just runs forward .

Team for this week and God gives us strength!!

Sea Eagles team

1 Brendan Elliot

2 Jorge Taufua

3 Brad Parker

4 Moses Suli

5 Reuben Garrick

6 Cade Cust

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

8 Taniela Paseka

9 Danny Levi

10 Martin Taupau

11 Joel Thompson

12 Curtis Sironen

13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14 Lachlan Croker

15 Jack Gosiewski

16 Sean Keppie

17 Corey Waddell

18 Haumole Olakau’atu

19 Tevita Funa

20 Abbas Miski

21 Toafofoa Sipley
i would go
sipley start
paseka out
haumole bench
jack out

There is absolutely no way that Dessie will only start with the one prop on the bench against the Eels. I can see Sipley coming onto the bench (about time too) in place of Gosiewski. Surely Garrick & Taufua are on their last chance as both are struggling. Reuben Garrick definitely as part of the reason he is in the starting side is because of his goal kicking. As he is struggling with that and he is doing too much sideways running , I would look at Abbas Miski as he at least just runs forward .
We don't have to worry about goal kicking because we score so few tries.

Meh, expected from Des. Rarely makes changes unless through injuries.

Until a majority of the below return

1) Turbo
6) Walker
8) AFB
9) Fainu

I've already mentally prepared myself for losses each week. That way i don't get a worked up after a loss. It's served me well for the past 3 weeks.

Part of me even wants COVID-19 to shut down the whole season so Parramatta don't have a chance haha.

Honestly I just cant understand why we keep picking the same underachieving side each week.

Surely Des like all the others on this forum can see that the current team just doesn't cut it !

How many chances do players like Crocker, Gosiewski, Tafua etc get !!

Lose this one and we must start giving some of our up & coming youngsters a go. Otherwise they will leave and go to teams who aren't afraid to put them in first grade. (ala Penrith !)

i would go
sipley start
paseka out
haumole bench
jack out

i would go
elliott out
taufua out
croker out
gosiewski out
parker or sipley bench

metcalf in
funa in
harper in
schuster in
olakau'atu in

1 metcalf 2 funa 3 harper 4 suli 5 garrick 6 cust 7 dce
8 jake 9 levi 10 taupau 11 thompson 12 olakau'atu 13 sironen

14 parker / sipley 15 keppie 16 paseka 17 schuster
18 sipley / parker

we need points. we will not grind out a win against parra with AFB out... they have paulo RCG and brown in the middle... their bench props would be starting for us this game

Honestly I just cant understand why we keep picking the same underachieving side each week.

Surely Des like all the others on this forum can see that the current team just doesn't cut it !

How many chances do players like Crocker, Gosiewski, Tafua etc get !!

Lose this one and we must start giving some of our up & coming youngsters a go. Otherwise they will leave and go to teams who aren't afraid to put them in first grade. (ala Penrith !)

Considering Des watches training and would be more informed than you or I he clearly does not think there is better talent than what he is picking.

Not saying it is right (i have no idea) but there must be a method to the madness

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2