PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Knights [Round 8, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I watched the game again. Dce fails to get a repeat set in the 1st half. He does get 2 in the 2nd. I think croker had 2 as well.. cherry adapted to the way they defended and kicked early or on different angles. Good coaching by the sharks. They knew we'd go for short kicks. Croker did some good things he set up the parker try and made a few breaks down the left. He might come good. Des seems to think so
Hope so. Got no one else

Sorry I feel pessimist about this one also. Newcastle are a better side than the Sharks, and other than Suli, which is an improvement, this is the same team humbled by the gummies. Not convinced about our backline again. Too slow, too uncreative. Just my thoughts and no doubt I'll be criticised for showing apparent disloyalty. Cust may add something from the bench. See it as I see it.

Sorry I feel pessimist about this one also. Newcastle are a better side than the Sharks, and other than Suli, which is an improvement, this is the same team humbled by the gummies. Not convinced about our backline again. Too slow, too uncreative. Just my thoughts and no doubt I'll be criticised for showing apparent disloyalty. Cust may add something from the bench. See it as I see it.
Why would that be disloyalty? I criticise our players all the time.. yet i watch the game multiple times. If they earn the right to be criticised then i shalt do so. I agree the knights are better then the gummies but we had a few big games where we came back to win and then after the raiders game i knew we would be a little flat... this week will be an improvement no doubt i just dont like garrick at the back when he's a great winger when used and elliot is a better FB.

We’ll win this, Des knows what he’s doing.
I am with you Kevin . I love Des but Des like every one fcks up now and then as well

NO ROOM FOR COMPLACENCY
THE BAR IS RAISED EVERY YEAR FOR ALL INVOLVED, COACHES , PLAYERS
AND FANS WHO NEED TO STEP UP AND BECOME CLUB MEMBERS !
download (5).jpg

100% that’s why I couldn’t understand why he went with Reubs at 1. He was found out wanting badly. I honestly don’t believe some people realize how detrimental that change was to the side. Try’s of kicks tgat should have been cleaned up. Was nowhere when ramien went over - which was out of nothing and an atrocious read. And then again was nowhere when Katoa went in in the corner. Anyone who knows fullback play knows they need to follow the ball from behind the line that’s it. Garrick was miles away. Even my son made the comment (he’s ten and switches between fb and wing) look dad Garrick is too far away from the ball.
He probably went with Garrick at fullback because he probably thought Funa was too inexperienced to play at centre in only his second game in first grade and Jorge couldn't possibly play at centre, probably not at winger any more either, just getting too slow

One thing I do know is that a week is a long time in football.

From the penthouse one week to the ****house the next and who knows back to the penthouse the week after.

One thing we do lack and have for a very long time is consistency.

Is this game at brookie? Well well... how things change. Knights by 10 :rofl:
Its a winnable game but cmon mate that team isnt the best we can put out there.
It will be a much stronger team then the one we courageously beat the raiders with 6 players missing Making it the most resilient win of all time according to Phil Gould . Where were you to sing our great praises then feathered friend ? :)

It will be a much stronger team then the one we courageously beat the raiders with 6 players missing Making it the most resilient win of all time according to Phil Gould . Where were you to sing our great praises then feathered friend ? :)
I was here rejoicing! And i watch foxtel ;) no gussy boy. Both teams coming off a loss but they have a full team pretty much. I dont like Garrick at fb.. main reason

The worst possible thing happened to Newcastle last weekend - they got bullied and smashed up in every facet of the game ....just like Manly.
Both teams will turn up with much enthusiasm and the team with the most want and resilience will get home....

I was here rejoicing! And i watch foxtel ;) no gussy boy. Both teams coming off a loss but they have a full team pretty much. I dont like Garrick at fb.. main reason
Thats Great that you saw that Great win of ours under adversity and were rejoicing so never ever forget what our Great Manly winning spirit is capable when it is turned on feathered friend .

I’m looking forward to Pearce’s grubbers smashing into the advertising hoardings beyond the dead ball line, like they did last year (and every year back to about 2014)

Hopefully our defense on the fringes tightens up with more of our first choice backline playing.

We can score points, we just need to stop letting them in.

The only change I'd make is Cust to start and Croker to utility.

We haven’t scored all year other than a few moments of Tom brilliance. We have looked totally clunky every week except the dogs.Not sure why we start scoring now with all the x factor gone.

We win via street fight or nothing for a while.... unless our skipper comes to life...

We haven’t scored all year other than a few moments of Tom brilliance. We have looked totally clunky every week except the dogs.Not sure why we start scoring now with all the x factor gone.

We win via street fight or nothing for a while.... unless our skipper comes to life...
Last year we could score all over the park.. we hammered teams up the middle. We had to change the way we play thanks to Fainu

Last year we could score all over the park.. we hammered teams up the middle. We had to change the way we play thanks to Fainu
Yep. He is the big loss and among other things that’s why this year is way harder than last when Tommy went down. He was a dickhead but wasn’t going to play anyway with his shoulder so it was irrelevant in a totally football sense.
Des loves him as a player so only jail time will stop him being hooker next year.

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Grant Atkins
Referee

Dave Munro
Touch Judge

Belinda Sharpe
Touch Judge

Bryan Norrie
Video Referee

Jared Maxwell
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've had Horse Head in the Vidiot Box for 4 games in a row now.
We have a decision ( and it is guaranteed to fuk Manly over)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4