PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Knights [Round 8, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wish des would make Jake captain the way Cherry is playing he doesn’t deserve it !! It might also take pressure off him !!

sadly cherry is so out of form but we have no depth in the halves that his probably still our most in form half option !!

cust is a great player but I remember last year teams targeting him in defence and he couldn’t handle it

crocker has a lot of potential thought he was a good defender but he proved me wrong on Sunday

let’s hope Crocker proves me wrong again and gets man of the match on Sunday

cherry has to step up with his salary we could buy two decent halves but he wanted the $$$$ now he has to play like his a superstar

I wish des would make Jake captain the way Cherry is playing he doesn’t deserve it !! It might also take pressure off him !!

sadly cherry is so out of form but we have no depth in the halves that his probably still our most in form half option !!

cust is a great player but I remember last year teams targeting him in defence and he couldn’t handle it

crocker has a lot of potential thought he was a good defender but he proved me wrong on Sunday

let’s hope Crocker proves me wrong again and gets man of the match on Sunday

cherry has to step up with his salary we could buy two decent halves but he wanted the $$$$ now he has to play like his a superstar
croker is a good tackler, but chanced his arm too often coming out of the defensive line

Geez there is some proven average players In That squad named, not a lot of scope for game day changes of any consequence either.

if I were writing the cheque’s for those players pay, I’d be happy to sign maybe 4 of them.

Need a big form reversal this weekend to even get a bit close, I still contend we haven’t played very well for a whole game this entire year.

our wins have been scrappy and full of heart, but we are far from a well oiled machine.

our halfback and captain is a large part of the problem
Unbelievable post!

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Grant Atkins
Referee

Dave Munro
Touch Judge

Belinda Sharpe
Touch Judge

Bryan Norrie
Video Referee

Jared Maxwell
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've had Horse Head in the Vidiot Box for 4 games in a row now.

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Grant Atkins
Referee

Dave Munro
Touch Judge

Belinda Sharpe
Touch Judge

Bryan Norrie
Video Referee

Jared Maxwell
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've had Horse Head in the Vidiot Box for 4 games in a row now.
The Brailey try indicates Horsey could screw us over with best of them.

If the best thing you can say about the chosen 5/8 is they are a good tackler (despite several terrible attempts/reads lately) it probably indicates we are choosing the wrong 5/8

he was a reasonable interchange hooker, but he sure as **** ain’t a 5/8

Unbelievable post!

Why is that, apart from a some scrappy And fantastic character wins, can you say our form has matched the expectation or potential this year? We have several underdone and out of form players and we were diabolical on the weekend, scoring 4 try’s against a team that put 40 on us isn’t the consolation some think it is.

we are playing well below where we should be, even accounting for the injuries

I cannot for the life of me figure out why Drs keeps persisting with Paseka and Gosiewski. At the very least Boyle, Sipley, Olokoatu etc should be getting rotated in for some match fitness. It's not like the other 2 are deserving of being picked.
I also question the Garrick to fullback position again, I think that is a big mistake again. Des certainty is stubborn

If the best thing you can say about the chosen 5/8 is they are a good tackler (despite several terrible attempts/reads lately) it probably indicates we are choosing the wrong 5/8

he was a reasonable interchange hooker, but he sure as **** ain’t a 5/8
I agree. And he cannot tackle. Just watches the defence come at him. Gets caught flat footed

Not sure why Walker and DCE seem to run it on the last, surely that is coached. Safer option to turn the ball over 2 metres out than risk a 20m restart from a kick going dead or getting caught on the full in the in goal? Getting repeats sets in huge but this year we rarely set up for one. That has to be coached, they do it too often?

It was his 1st game playing 5/8th in a long while. And to be fair our team was lacking that day. Actually croker made some good moves and created a try and made a nice linebreak down the left but failed to pass to parker. He also got a repeat set or 2. I think Des will give him a few more weeks if we keep losing he will give cust a go. If we win he'll be there till walks returns. This is the team cherry said it after the game the side would be the same. Garrick has more upside then Elliot we can all see that but he doesn't know where to be and when. Not his fault he's been a winger catching sun rays now he has to be everywhere. Des will do same as croker give garrick a few weeks then change. Only reason he changed last year is because end of year and finals.

Our attack is largely insipid and uninspired and even more so with out Tom. Without his strike I fear we are headed for the stodgy and boring play des liked at the bulldogs. It won’t work with the quicker and more attack-centric game.

Not sure why Walker and DCE seem to run it on the last, surely that is coached. Safer option to turn the ball over 2 metres out than risk a 20m restart from a kick going dead or getting caught on the full in the in goal? Getting repeats sets in huge but this year we rarely set up for one. That has to be coached, they do it too often?
I watched the game again. Dce fails to get a repeat set in the 1st half. He does get 2 in the 2nd. I think croker had 2 as well.. cherry adapted to the way they defended and kicked early or on different angles. Good coaching by the sharks. They knew we'd go for short kicks. Croker did some good things he set up the parker try and made a few breaks down the left. He might come good. Des seems to think so

I cannot for the life of me figure out why Drs keeps persisting with Paseka and Gosiewski. At the very least Boyle, Sipley, Olokoatu etc should be getting rotated in for some match fitness. It's not like the other 2 are deserving of being picked.
I also question the Garrick to fullback position again, I think that is a big mistake again. Des certainty is stubborn

Thats our Dessie

Sorry @The Wheel

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4