PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Knights [Round 8, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Most likely Des picked team
1. Garrick
2. Jorge
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Funa
6. Croker
7. Myth boy
8. Keppie
9. Levi
10. AfB
11. Siro
12. Joel
13. Jake

14. Cust
15. Pillowseka
16. Jetski
17. Taupau

My team
1. Elliot
2. Jorge
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Cust
7. Dce
8. AfB
9. Levi
10. Marty
11. Sironen
12. Joel
13. Captain Jake

14. Croker
15. Boyle
16. Keppie
17. Waddell or Guacamole

Levi and croker to share the halves.. 20 mins each half. Garrick back to wing forever! Cust in the halves and croker back to 14. Boyle in for pillowseka and waddell or Guacamole for impact.

Thoughts?

We can win sure but i think ponga and bradman best will carve us up... if we limit ponga anythings possible but our number 7 needs to do something or it'll be another 30 plus affair

1. Garrick
2. Jorge
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Funa
6. Croker
7. Myth boy
8. Keppie
9. Levi
10. AfB
11. Siro
12. Joel
13. Jake

14. Cust
15. Pillowseka
16. Jetski
17. Taupau

My team
1. Elliot
2. Jorge
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Cust
7. Dce
8. AfB
9. Levi
10. Marty
11. Sironen
12. Joel
13. Captain Jake

14. Croker
15. Boyle
16. Keppie
17. Waddell or Guacamole

Levi and croker to share the halves.. 20 mins each half. Garrick back to wing forever! Cust in the halves and croker back to 14. Boyle in for pillowseka and waddell or Guacamole for impact.

Thoughts?

We can win sure but i think ponga and bradman best will carve us up... if we limit ponga anythings possible but our number 7 needs to do something or it'll be another 30 plus affair
Albert in the number one jumper, Garrick instead of Funa on the wing. I liked Cust in the middle, he added some spark around the ruck, could use Cust the same way Fainu was used coming on for Api.. I liked the way Guacamole played in last years semi final, he deserves an extended run in the top grade.

That's exactly the team I would pick as well and surely Des can see that he completely kooked it last round playing everyone out of position. He even said pre game that elliot wold play full back so I can only assume it was some kind of mind game. Whatever the case, it failed miserably. He did it once before maybe vs parra? Anyway he quickly switched them back so hopefully common sense prevails

1. Garrick
2. Jorge
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Funa
6. Croker
7. Myth boy
8. Keppie
9. Levi
10. AfB
11. Siro
12. Joel
13. Jake

14. Cust
15. Pillowseka
16. Jetski
17. Taupau

My team
1. Elliot
2. Jorge
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Cust
7. Dce
8. AfB
9. Levi
10. Marty
11. Sironen
12. Joel
13. Captain Jake

14. Croker
15. Boyle
16. Keppie
17. Waddell or Guacamole

Thoughts?

Your team looks good. I'd Start Croker at 9 and Schuster to 14, Levi out. I'd be tempted to start Metcalfe at fullback. I reckon these changes might be another bad loss or 2 away

Mate Elliot was solid at fb and in the eels game last season des played Garrick at fb and like yesterday we got bashed. I can see why he is trying it as garrick is a much better ball runner but he is a winger hopefully Des now sees this.
100% that’s why I couldn’t understand why he went with Reubs at 1. He was found out wanting badly. I honestly don’t believe some people realize how detrimental that change was to the side. Try’s of kicks tgat should have been cleaned up. Was nowhere when ramien went over - which was out of nothing and an atrocious read. And then again was nowhere when Katoa went in in the corner. Anyone who knows fullback play knows they need to follow the ball from behind the line that’s it. Garrick was miles away. Even my son made the comment (he’s ten and switches between fb and wing) look dad Garrick is too far away from the ball.

100% that’s why I couldn’t understand why he went with Reubs at 1. He was found out wanting badly. I honestly don’t believe some people realize how detrimental that change was to the side. Try’s of kicks tgat should have been cleaned up. Was nowhere when ramien went over - which was out of nothing and an atrocious read. And then again was nowhere when Katoa went in in the corner. Anyone who knows fullback play knows they need to follow the ball from behind the line that’s it. Garrick was miles away. Even my son made the comment (he’s ten and switches between fb and wing) look dad Garrick is too far away from the ball.
Hopefully Dessie will abide by that old saying.. fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice.. well you cant get fooled again - George W Bush hahaha

What would Des do without the insight from us on team positional selections

I bet you he did not think if any of these points before making his call

Des
another number 7 myth

I hope Des and the boys do what they do best and get a win so they can shut the fck out of all of us ruthless Manly supporters that hate losing with a passion
winning-is-not-everything-its-the-only-thing-32058-alt-11.png

1. Garrick
2. Jorge
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Funa
6. Croker
7. Myth boy
8. Keppie
9. Levi
10. AfB
11. Siro
12. Joel
13. Jake

14. Cust
15. Pillowseka
16. Jetski
17. Taupau

My team
1. Elliot
2. Jorge
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Cust
7. Dce
8. AfB
9. Levi
10. Marty
11. Sironen
12. Joel
13. Captain Jake

14. Croker
15. Boyle
16. Keppie
17. Waddell or Guacamole

Thoughts?

I would go with your predicted team , actually agree with you @:p I don't think Suli will be back, hearing another week. Im not impressed at all with Funa, and really hope the Garrick full back gamble doesn't play out again this week.

One thing we all know about Des Hasler sides is that it’s very rare to see two poor performances in a row. I really expect to see us to take it to the Knights at our first game back at Brookie. The players will be hurting after last week’s performance and keen to rip in.

One thing we all know about Des Hasler sides is that it’s very rare to see two poor performances in a row. I really expect to see us to take it to the Knights at our first game back at Brookie. The players will be hurting after last week’s performance and keen to rip in.
Yep. No doubt we’ll be better attitude wise. Des doesn’t allow that attitude to flourish.
Whether he can find points against a good attacking side is the issue.
I always look forward to the nutty professors strategies when up against it. Be interesting to see how he goes about it.Im sure he’ll have something up his sleeve.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4