PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Knights v Manly [Round 14, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know we all want to see the next crop of youngsters but reality is Hoppa hasn't played 1st grade and is coming back from 2 Acls. Schuster also no 1st grade and Metcalf also coming back from acl and no 1st grade. I don't like it. I'd love to see them get a go but Des and the staff aren't prepared to risk them at this stage. BUT they've got this Sunday to justify the players who've been kept in otherwise this place is going to go nuclear.
Mick as per my reply to Susan.....why are they in our Top 30......doesn’t that mean they’re eligible & can play 1st grade? If not good enough or as good as the rabble in the team now then why aren’t they in the development squad? It’s what is confusing about all of this non selection policy!

Bit of late mail rumours going around that Marty is highly doubtful to kit up. Keppie to start and Boyle onto bench. If that's the case we are running one prop on bench - that might be a bit skinny unless jake is going into prop rotation and Waddell to lock. Would have been handy to have Sippers in the 21, unless they apply for a leave pass for him if Marty fails concussion protocol.

Not looking pretty if we are missing both starting props.

Bit of late mail rumours going around that Marty is highly doubtful to kit up. Keppie to start and Boyle onto bench. If that's the case we are running one prop on bench - that might be a bit skinny unless jake is going into prop rotation and Waddell to lock. Would have been handy to have Sippers in the 21, unless they apply for a leave pass for him if Marty fails concussion protocol.

Given the hit he took last week, I'd be surprised if Marty does play. And he shouldn't play if he's not right.

Mick as per my reply to Susan.....why are they in our Top 30......doesn’t that mean they’re eligible & can play 1st grade? If not good enough or as good as the rabble in the team now then why aren’t they in the development squad? It’s what is confusing about all of this non selection policy!
Wasn't the "Top 29" chosen before the season started then covid came along and ruined any chance these up-and-comers had to be ready to play FG?

Wasn't the "Top 29" chosen before the season started then covid came along and ruined any chance these up-and-comers had to be ready to play FG?

Covid 19 has had no administrative impact that would deny those players the opportunity to play. However because there is no reserve grade like comp, such players are not getting match fit or showing their wares against players old enough to play first grade. Some coaches are prepared to bite the bullet and let them play anyway. Others dont.

Covid 19 has had no administrative impact that would deny those players the opportunity to play. However because there is no reserve grade like comp, such players are not getting match fit or showing their wares against players old enough to play first grade. Some coaches are prepared to bite the bullet and let them play anyway. Others dont.
So the 3 main "up-and-comers" in our 30 who are all coming off injuries and haven't played against men were not not given "no chance to play FG" by covid halting them from playing reggies?

I give up.

Luck favours the brave!

You are right feathered friend ....
Its not going to be pretty with both of our starting props out
So we will settle for a brutal and ugly win with blood stains all over the knights Jerseys .
Unlike the Knights we wont be running onto a football field .
The Sea eagles will be running onto a battle field with fire in their eyes and we wont be taking any prisoners
9e8d056788ff3e1d474d782a241d6ad9.jpg

I actually don't think Parker should be playing. The Roosters are looking after Cordner better than we're looking after Parker.
I suspect neither Marty nor Parker will play.
This will be another of our famous against-the-odds triumphs.
Or... the end of our run!!
Go Manly, you can do it!

So why are they in our top 30 & not the development squad? In the 30 means suitable to play 1st grade.....that’s what confuses me?
Hey I don’t agree with it either.Confuses me too . No upside at all in continuing to select Croker Waddell Parker etc but it is what it is unfortunately.
If we lose to the knights it will in all likelihood be season over so will be interesting to see after that... I wouldn’t hold my breath though

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4