Pre-Game Cowboys V Manly [Round 18, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

V

0 0
QCB Stadium
06 Jul 2024 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Ryan

Journey Man
I started that post with it's not about making excuses.
It was more a generic question mate - not directed at you. I just watched the "highlights" package from last weekend (where many here talked about how brave we were). Unless the highlights package missed something (I wasn't interested in watching the game tbh), boy it was ugly (listen to some of the commentary - oooof):

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The unaccountable coach Perspective ...

I am very proud of the way our boys lost tonight
That was the greatest Loss in My coaching career and in the clubs losing history

If we keep losing the way we lost today we can hold our heads high and be the Great losing example for all generations to come .

Our miss tackles , ill disciple play , Unforced errors and the wrong options that we took does not define who we are . Our Defeat lies in the hands of the incompetent whistle blowers that cost us the game .

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The SOO hasn't been kind to us. We played Souths with a decimated line-up. We play the 'Boys who will have all of their SOO players available, of which there are six. And then we play Newcastle without our three SOO players. Newcastle has no SOO players.
Our best chance of playing consistent football comes once SOO is over and we get several important stars back from injury. Our draw post SOO is not too onerous, on paper anyway.
Had to try hard to find a positive in there. Got one. We play the Knights at Brookie on a Sunday afternoon. One other positive is the bumper crowds we’ve been getting at Brookvale. Irregardless of the Cows result, hopefully Brookie will be packed with the Maroon and White faithful.

Carl

Reserve Grader
It was more a generic question mate - not directed at you. I just watched the "highlights" package from last weekend (where many here talked about how brave we were). Unless the highlights package missed something (I wasn't interested in watching the game tbh), boy it was ugly (listen to some of the commentary - oooof):

No worries.

And I thought we were convincingly outplayed last week.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Brooks plays his best with a dominant halves partner as soon as he is loaded up with too much responsibility he struggles. Thats not a cticism but Seibold should recogonise the playerts strenghths and weaknessest when he makes his selections.
Brooks should be at the peak of his footy this stage in his career, on 700,000 plus and needs someone to hold his hand, with over 200 first grade games he is now a senior player.

Most players look better when they play with dominant footballers, I understand your point though his game should be better than 25 bombs to the left corner.

The Who

Journey Man
Brooks should be at the peak of his footy this stage in his career, on 700,000 plus and needs someone to hold his hand, with over 200 first grade games he is now a senior player.

Most players look better when they play with dominant footballers, I understand your point though his game should be better than 25 bombs to the left corner.
Most husbands would be grateful not to have a dominant partner!

SeaEagleSI1

Reserve Grader
The Sea Eagles enjoyed the bye last week, and Daly Cherry-Evans and Jake Trbojevic will return to their No.7 and No.13 jerseys this week with both Karl Lawton and Nathan Brown moving to the bench. In a huge inclusion, Tom Trbojevic will return to the side in the centres, which causes a massive fullback headache for Manly. Lehi Hopoate has been excellent in the No.1 jersey, however Tolu Koula is the likely man to take over at fullback, which will see Trbojevic partner the returning Reuben Garrick who has been sidelined due to concussion with Jason Saab and Tommy Talau on the wings. Josh Aloiai returns from suspension and will take up a spot in the front row or at lock, while Taniela Paseka could also be named as he eyes a return from a thumb injury.

WiseyEagle

Reserve Grader
The Sea Eagles enjoyed the bye last week, and Daly Cherry-Evans and Jake Trbojevic will return to their No.7 and No.13 jerseys this week with both Karl Lawton and Nathan Brown moving to the bench. In a huge inclusion, Tom Trbojevic will return to the side in the centres, which causes a massive fullback headache for Manly. Lehi Hopoate has been excellent in the No.1 jersey, however Tolu Koula is the likely man to take over at fullback, which will see Trbojevic partner the returning Reuben Garrick who has been sidelined due to concussion with Jason Saab and Tommy Talau on the wings. Josh Aloiai returns from suspension and will take up a spot in the front row or at lock, while Taniela Paseka could also be named as he eyes a return from a thumb injury.
Garrick not moving away from the centre position according to this. Let's see tomorrow afternoon.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Where did this come from Sea Eagle ?.The bit on Paseka looks very favourable indeed.

The Who

Journey Man
Manly teams suck in the rain; it's been this way ever since I started following them 60+ years ago. So we may catch a break this weekend playing in Townsville. There is only a slight chance of light showers in Townsville over the next week yet Sydney will be underwater.
While we'll have a very good team, on paper, so too will the 'Boys who obviously have some talented backups, beating the Panthers without their six SOO stars.
It's going to be tough, as is the following week against Newy without our SOO reps.
The SOO is a real disruptor for certain clubs. This season we've been hindered by it.

Phobia

Reserve Grader
I wonder what sort of role Hopoate will play, hope it isn't hooker, like we did with Weekes unnecessarily last year. Just seems like a bit of a waste of a position if he plays that role, when GCKT and Lawton could alternatively be used there.

If it isn't hooker, wonder what it is? He could bring a bit of havoc at the end of halves.

Still annoyed by how they've lined up 3, 4, and 5. Talau at 3, Tom 4, and Garrick 5, gives me a lot more confidence.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18