Pre-Game Discussion - Cowboys V Manly [Round 18, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Cowboys V Manly [Round 18, 2024]

MATCH DAY

Saturday 06 July 2024

Venue:
.... Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville, QLD

Gates Open:.... 5:30pm.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... North Queensland Cowboys v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles: 7:35pm

TICKETING

VS

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Team List etc. will be updated on Tuesday Afternoon (02/07/24)

01. Tom Trbojevic / Lehi Hopoate
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolutau Koula
04. Reuben Garrick
05. Tommy Talau
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (C)

08. Toafofoa Sipley
09. Lachlan Croker / Jake Simpkin
10. Josh Aloiai
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Ben Trbojevic
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jake Simpkin / Karl Lawton
15. Karl Lawton / Corey Waddell
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Nathan Brown

Replacement:

18. Corey Waddell / Aaron Schoupp.

Reserves:

19. Lehi Hopoate
20. Aaron Schoupp
21. Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
22. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
23. Jaxson Paulo
24. Jamie Humphreys
25. Brad Parker
26. Ben Condon
27. Aitasi James
28. Aaron Woods - Development Player
28. Dean Matterson - Development Player
29. Bailey Hodgson - Development Player.

Out:

Available But Not Selected:

From the Manly Sea Eagles website, here is the ' Rd 16 Sea Eagles Injury Report' released on Tuesday 18 June 2024:

Taniela Paseka has sustained a thumb fracture after leaving the game early last week. He is planned to undergo surgery to stabilise his injury this week and a timeframe to return to play will be determined following this..

Reuben Garrick sustained a concussion. He will undergo concussion protocol as per NRL guidelines and won't be available this weekend with the mandatory 11 day protocol.

Lachlan Croker continues to progress in team training following an associated neck injury from the original concussion.

Tom Trbojevic continues to build strength and progress his rehab running on field following a hamstring injury.

Matthew Lodge remains in a brace following his bicep surgery. He is expected to return to play 12 weeks post surgery.

Jake Arthur suffered a stress fracture in his left foot and underwent successful surgery to stabilise this last week. He will remain in a boot for the coming weeks and is expected to be sidelined for four months.

Aaron Woods has returned to rehab running successfully this week after sustaining a high grade calf injury two weeks ago.

Dean Matterson continues to recover from a foot sprain in the NSW Cup and is expected to return post the NRL bye.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News, Updates & Returns Details' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Saturday, 22 June 2024) * * *

The Sea Eagles face an extended period without prop Taniela Paseka, who will require surgery to stabilise a fractured thumb picked up in Round 15, while Reuben Garrick misses Round 16 under the concussion protocol.

Jake Arthur suffered a stress fracture in his left foot and underwent successful surgery to stabilise this last week. He will remain in a boot for the coming weeks and is expected to be sidelined for four months.

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Taniela Paseka (Thumb, TBC)
  • Lachlan Croker (Neck, TBC)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 18)
  • Reuben Garrick (Concussion, Round 18)
  • Josh Aloiai (Suspended, Round 18)
  • Matt Lodge (Biceps, Round 24)
  • Jake Arthur (Foot, 2025)

Also, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are slight variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:
  • Josh Aloiai (Suspension, Round 18)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 18)
  • Matt Lodge (Bicep, Round 24)
  • Lachlan Croker (Neck, TBC)
  • Reuben Garrick (Concussion, TBC)
  • Taniela Paseka (Thumb, TBC)
  • Jake Arthur (Foot, Next Season)

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
2 wins from 9 away from Brookvale this year, one in Vegas against Souffs who were ****ed at that point and another against the Titans who were running last and still put 30 on us

Until we can show we can perform in games where we don’t have 17,000 fans screaming for us I don’t see how we win games like this all the way up in Townsville.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Won’t be easy up there in the heat but we need some away wins to move up the table.

We are missing the big fellas up front but the potential return of Turbo could boost the morale.

Anything is possible , the Cowgirls are a bit ordinary this year.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Anything is possible , the Cowgirls are a bit ordinary this year.
Yeah, their season has been similar to ours: some good wins, some poor losses, flashes of brilliance, but no consistency at all. They have a better roster overall than we do, and I'm not sure when we last got up in Townsville, but it's vital that we win games against teams who are fighting it out for the same spots at the tail-end of the top eight as us. Otherwise, we will be in trouble.

SeaEagleSI1

Reserve Grader
I know this won’t happen next round
I’m not sure where Hopoate plays

01.Tolutau Koula
02.Jason Saab
03.Tommy Talau
04.Tom Trbojevic
05.Reuben Garrick
06.Luke Brooks
07.Daly Cherry-Evans (C)
08.Toafofoa Sipley
09.Lachlan Croker
10.Jake Trbojevic
11.Haumole Olakau'atu
12.Karl Lawton
13.Nathan Brown

14.Jake Simpkin
15.Ben Trbojevic / Corey Waddell
16.Ethan Bullemor
17.Josh Aloiai

Rosko

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We need 6 wins from our last 9 games to make the finals, unless we get very lucky with other results. This is a game we can’t afford to lose. But although we get some troops back, it is hard to see us winning in Townsville this year. Not enough players in form and not enough cohesion in the team. Or belief.

The Who

Journey Man
The SOO hasn't been kind to us. We played Souths with a decimated line-up. We play the 'Boys who will have all of their SOO players available, of which there are six. And then we play Newcastle without our three SOO players. Newcastle has no SOO players.
Our best chance of playing consistent football comes once SOO is over and we get several important stars back from injury. Our draw post SOO is not too onerous, on paper anyway.

Leader of the Flock

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Actually, I believe that Newie will have Dane Gagai out as the hillbillies number 18(I’m pretty sure that he was in the dressing room last night as part of their squad) or their emotional support player, eg. player 18+++; apparently he plays the banjo very well@;)

manly al

First Grader
Actually, I believe that Newie will have Dane Gagai out as the hillbillies number 18(I’m pretty sure that he was in the dressing room last night as part of their squad) or their emotional support player, eg. player 18+++; apparently he plays the banjo very well@;)
We all need our share of Deliverance sometimes , even Canetoads

Ryan

Journey Man
2 wins from 9 away from Brookvale this year, one in Vegas against Souffs who were ****ed at that point and another against the Titans who were running last and still put 30 on us

Until we can show we can perform in games where we don’t have 17,000 fans screaming for us I don’t see how we win games like this all the way up in Townsville.
Jesus , what an awful stat ! 2 wins from 9 away ? We must be bloody good at home.

Ryan

Journey Man
I know this won’t happen next round
I’m not sure where Hopoate plays

01.Tolutau Koula
02.Jason Saab
03.Tommy Talau
04.Tom Trbojevic
05.Reuben Garrick
06.Luke Brooks
07.Daly Cherry-Evans (C)
08.Toafofoa Sipley
09.Lachlan Croker
10.Jake Trbojevic
11.Haumole Olakau'atu
12.Karl Lawton
13.Nathan Brown

14.Jake Simpkin
15.Ben Trbojevic / Corey Waddell
16.Ethan Bullemor
17.Josh Aloiai

For mine:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Reuben Garrick
05. Tommy Talau
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Ethan Bullemor
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Ben Trbojevic
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Nathan Brown
16. Toff Sipley
17. Karl Lawton

Brookie Bob

"I come back to you now at the turn of the tide"
We all need our share of Deliverance sometimes , even Canetoads

season 14 episode 3 GIF

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Cows might rest their battered Origin players on Sunday as they'll probably get mauled by the Panthers either way.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17