PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Cowboys v Manly [Round 13, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Cowboys lost two more backline players in Kahu and Mosby over the weekend. There is some talk that they could pick up Scott Drinkwater though who could play as early as this week, given that they really don’t have too many other fullback options unless they play Morgan there.

We get flogged if Tom doesn’t play. Waddell gone now too. Bench , which is our real weakness, will be very ordinary.The boys have performed admirably but they are out of petrol now with this hard slog and injuries all over the park.Away against a team on a three game winning run will be too hard.They need Toms spark for their confidence as Mitch says.

I doubt he’ll be playing this week but boy do we need him badly. 6 and 6 is a fantastic result given our issues and now it’s time for the stars, the Turbots, DCE and Walker to keep us in the hunt.

Just saw Kahu may be out. That’s huge for us. He’s a good player and leaves them vulnerable at the back.

We get flogged if Tom doesn’t play. Waddell gone now too. Bench , which is our real weakness, will be very ordinary.The boys have performed admirably but they are out of petrol now with this hard slog and injuries all over the park.Away against a team on a three game winning run will be too hard.They need Toms spark for their confidence as Mitch says.

I doubt he’ll be playing this week but boy do we need him badly. 6 and 6 is a fantastic result given our issues and now it’s time for the stars, the Turbots, DCE and Walker to keep us in the hunt.

Just saw Kahu may be out. That’s huge for us. He’s a good player and leaves them vulnerable at the back.

Their backline is just as if not more depleted than ours, so if we get Turbo back and Jake and DCE back up I do think we can get them - there attack isn’t hugely potent, obviously Taumalolo is in some red hot form, but I believe Matt Scott will likely still be it with a shoulder injury as well.

Sironen seemed pretty positive about Turbo playing when he faced the media saying he just needs to get through training this week.

Last edited:
  • 📚
Reactions: Sue
There backline is just as if not more depleted than ours, so if we get Turbo back and Jake and DCE back up I do think we can get them - there attack isn’t hugely potent, obviously Taumalolo is in some red hot form, but I believe Matt Scott will likely still be it with a shoulder injury as well.

Sironen seemed pretty positive about Turbo playing when he faced the media saying he just needs to get through training this week.
Siro has been very aggressive in everything he does this year. He’s gone into beast mode.

Be surprised if Turbo plays.

And depends on how our Origin players pull up as to if they play.

Cowboys in a close one for me.

And yes I’ve picked them in the Footy Tipping as well AND you know what that means!!

Be surprised if Turbo plays.

And depends on how our Origin players pull up as to if they play.

Cowboys in a close one for me.

And yes I’ve picked them in the Footy Tipping as well AND you know what that means!!
You might need to stop telling us how you've tipped Mark. One heart attack a week is plenty!

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Dylan Walker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Cade Cust
07. Kane Elgey
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jack Gosiewski

14. Manase Fainu
15. Brendan Elliot
16. Morgan Boyle
17. Taniela Paseka

18. Jake Trbojevic
19. Daly Cherry-Evans
20.Haumole Olakauatu
21.Lloyd Perrett

It’s not often that it happens but we actually have a stronger backline on paper than the Cows. Their forwards are strong though - we need Jake backing up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8