PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Chooks v Manly [Round 2, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Elliot and Sipley are still on the extented reserve bench. I wonder if Des is thinking what I'm thinking......Sipley in for Olakau'atu and Elliot as reserve hooker in place of Croker.
Sipley for Olakau'atu is quite plausible imo, but Elliot as hooker is absurd, considering his defence or lack thereof and has only ever played in the backs.

Does anyone think Tapau needs to be a little bit more destructive in attack? You look at what the likes of Haas and Fifita offer the Donkeys. Imo Kapow and AFB have the potential to offer the same if not more for us
As a Massive Kapow fan, there is 2 versions.
The bloke who is half turning at half pace, with I need an offload in mind.
The other version runs Full pelt into the defence like a wrecking ball and often scatters them and unloads after blowing up the ruck, or at very least creates momentum....I prefer this version...
The youngsters you mention do exactly this - run 100mph at the defence with first vision of busting the line...after hurting a few defenders the decision of " are my arms free for offload" comes secondary to running over the opposition.

Last edited:
Looks like the conditions should not be too bad . Even allowing for a possible disjointed season and two well ranked opposition sides , 0 from 2 is not going to be a particularly encouraging situation , Just need some of the more capable personal to step up from last weeks inconsistent effort . If the defence stays resolute again and they cut out the unforced errors , should be able to give it a good shot to get the win .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4