PRANK - Manly signs Matt Orford (not)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PRANK

Manly Sea Eagles Sign Matt Orford
By Des Toovey

The Manly Sea Eagles have today announced the signing of Matt Orford to a three-year contract.

Orford , 27, is an international class halfback who has been on the verge of selection for Australia and New South Wales since 2002. Orford has played three City/Country Origin matches for the bushies and has been a seasoned first grader, playing 110 First Grade games with the Storm since 2001 , scoring 48 tries and kicking 309 goals.

“Matt is a very talented footballer and is a group leader which is the type of player we want to attract to Manly,� Manly coach Des Hasler said today.

“He is a quality human being and will be taking a leadership role both on and off the field for the Sea Eagles Club over the next three seasons.

“He is a young man with a wealth of experience and a bright future in front of him and we are delighted he will be playing for the silvertails for the next three years.�

Despite the move to Sydney Orford is philosophical about his future rep career. "I guess I don't sleep with the right people to get selected" Orford said. " I mean look how Noddy's career took off after teaming up with Chris Anderson. Freddie and Gus , Fitzgibbon and Stuart , Gordie and Wayno , the list goes on. I have no plans on bending to be Beckham so to speak."

Orford is playing for match payments only , however the Delmege Group is building Orford his own 28 unit apartment complex on The Corso at Manly Beach. Named the Orford Towers , Matt's only other current neighbour at this stage appears to be Steven Bell , whom Manly also look like signing in the near future. Bell's name is on the deeds to 6 of the units.

Orford will be given a three month crash course on being a whinger over the off season in a bid to fit the traditional Manly halfback role. "I have allot to live up to in the whinging stakes , some great whingers of the game in Toovey , Hasler and Monoghan have all worn the number 7 at Manly." Orford said. "If I can turn out to be half the nagging bitch that Toovs was I will have settled in well."

Funny- very much like the one posted on the Roosters site re. Anasta and him taking ownership of several pokies and a fleet of cars at the Roosters.
You must have a bit of spare time on your hands IloveMattO!

Could have sworn Geoff Hasler said yesterday evening that there was no room for orford under the cap here.

Funny- very much like the one posted on the Roosters site re. Anasta and him taking ownership of several pokies and a fleet of cars at the Roosters.
You must have a bit of spare time on your hands IloveMattO!

Same author mate.

Just out of curiousity (seing as you are anon. anyway) which club do you support IloveMattO?

Clever stuff. We needed a good laugh. Kane and Matai tried there best to impersanate NRL players last Friday night, but this is funnier :)

Look at IloveMattO... he is a new member with only 2 posts. There is no way i will beleive him just yet. I have looked at the NRL website and a few other ones, and none have showed mentioned orford signing with manly... This guy is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4