Powerplay rule

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shoe1

Journey Man
I just read that there will be new rule applied in the allstars game. Each captain will be allowed to call a five minute powerplay where two players from the other team leave the field.

If this were ever taken up by the nrl, it would be a huge disadvantage to manly, who play with 13 defenders. Teams like dogs souths and parra in 2012 will get a huge advantage. With players like barba, morris and sandow on board they already have experience playing with 11 or 12 defenders on the field ;0)

stupid idea

I would rather see minor sin binings used as a powerplay
where a player is sent for 10 minutes in bin as per normal however is allowed to return to the field as soon as his team conceeds a try.

That's the kind of **** you introduce into a sport that's dying. Why of all the things they could have tried would they even think if something like this. Makes me worry about what other crap these idiots will come up with.

Rugby league should never change its 13 a side on the field - happy with the bin when needed & the send off in extreme cases , otherwise stick to equal numbers.
If they want to produce a more open game bring back the 7's - super fast freestyle game where a tournament can be played over 1 weekend. I used to love it & still recall a sensational try when Kosef floated the ball to Jack Elsegood who went the length of the field with Mundine left in his dust.....Manly blitzed Illawarra in that Final with Cliffy waving that magic wand. ;)

The power play system is in ice hockey. The fouler gets two minutes in the bin. Ergo five on the ice against four. Goalies stay. It works as a benefit when a foul is called. It works for hockey but not for rugby league. Stupid idea for coaches to just call for five minutes and nominate who goes off. Why do this? I haven't heard any fan call for it's introduction. I like the idea of six again for minor infringements. I've never understood why a simple leg pull should result in thirty metres (Ox aside) and six more tackles. Same penalty as a more serious infringement. Anyway the game is in stupid hands atm and stupid things are done by stupid people.

agreed. Seems like a dumb idea. Will wait and see how it plays out but don't like it at all atm.

DSM5 said:
The power play system is in ice hockey. The fouler gets two minutes in the bin. Ergo five on the ice against four. Goalies stay. It works as a benefit when a foul is called. It works for hockey but not for rugby league. Stupid idea for coaches to just call for five minutes and nominate who goes off. Why do this? I haven't heard any fan call for it's introduction. I like the idea of six again for minor infringements. I've never understood why a simple leg pull should result in thirty metres (Ox aside) and six more tackles. Same penalty as a more serious infringement. Anyway the game is in stupid hands atm and stupid things are done by stupid people.

i did call for its introduction in a thread where all sorts of strange ideas were being thrown around but i never thought anyone would take it seriously.

A good idea would to have the cheer leaders on the field the entire game

Although in 'ice' hockey, if there is a fight, the 2 protagonists get 2 mins each but the teams stay at 5 on 5 (plus goalies)!

I wish there was a 5 min sin bin again. (min sin bin...lol)

Maybe they should try in the all stars game on tackles 2 and 4 you are allowed to throw it forward american football style! (speaking of stupid ideas.)

(some would argue this happens in many games anyway.)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4