Potentials for 2006

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

I was scrolling through list of players off contract and came across a few player that may look OK in a marron and white jersey next year.

David Myles - SOLID. may be good value and can also play 5/8th
Paul Franze - great if he could recapture form in his sharkie days
Craig Hall - Quick and solid
Brett Howland - quick but need to learn to tackle
Tame Topou - quick and strong but also eed to learn to tackle

Some of these could be good value.

Happy to know what you think and if there are any whispers around the traps.

Or am I just :bdh:

I heard that Franze is going to Union to play for Italy.
No one learns to tackle at Manly, it doesn't work that way any more.

I would agree about Myles he would be handy but I have heard nothing on any of these except we might have been talking to Topou. Not much room to move now under the Salary Cap so I don't expect many more new faces except in P/L squad

Manly have indicated they will spend to the limit of their secondary salary cap which is something we haven't done for a while. We need to be looking for young players of great potential.

Have we already maxed the limit?

I would imagine we are close to it considering the NRL have done investigations.

The word is there is NO room left in the NRL squad however there is room for P/L squad which is getting a bit of a clean up at the moment.

Jacob Lillyman would be an exellent pick up from the cowboys for some depth.

From the dragons, Clint greensheilds is off contract, and maybe we would just stick him on the wing as he has good speed.

Lillyman re-signed a while back

Ray Cashmere would be alright (prop from the tigers)

David Myles has signed with French side Toulouse.
Paul Franze has signed with the London Irish Rugby Union Team.

Came accross this comment on another forum about Jason Wells our new signing from the bulldogs -

"I`ve seen a bit of Wells play and he looks to be a decent talent. A tall rangy lock he looks to have good ball skills, he`s a very talkative player an onfield leader". Sounds promising.

A friend also watch george Rose play on the weekend and said that he is boig and very unfit but has good ball skills and made quite a lot of good offloads.

If Dessie and BK get him motivated in the off season and get him fit then this guy could be a smokey for fg next year. He already sounds better than King.

George Rose has just been named on the bench for the roosters premier league grand final side.

Hopefully they are doing it because he is leaving them and not because of his form.

Sydney City Roosters
1 Aiden Kirk
2 Michael Lett
3 Sam Perrett
4 Lelea Paea
5 Troy Malcolm
6 Jamie Soward
7 Grant Rovelli
8 David Shillington
9 Heath L'Estrange
10 Mickey Paea
11 Shane Shackleton