Postcards from home

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was having coffee with old mate Scotty this morning at the café when his phone rings ... it is his wife ... she tells him she hopes that "Alan" is a good root because he is absolutely no chance at home.

He had forgotten today was their 18th anniversary.

Needless to say he was out of luck on both fronts.

Alan said:
Was having coffee with old mate Scotty this morning at the café when his phone rings ... it is his wife ... she tells him she hopes that "Alan" is a good root because he is absolutely no chance at home.

He had forgotten today was their 18th anniversary.

Needless to say he was out of luck on both fronts.

So Alan......where are you and Scotty's Wife having lunch? Remember the old song mate? "Don't you ever let a chance go bye" lol

Besides, what sort of a bloke would let his best mate's Wife miss out on her anniversary?? That would be wrong!! :D

He's got 4 daughters, you would think one of them would have given him a tip.. sounds like a female quilt conspiracy. They were probably down at the shopping mall with the credit cards before he got home.

That's what happens when you live in a petticoat Government. They would have been conspiring from last week sometime. Here's a tip for Scotty, if they start browsing catalogues, check the date!

That way, the missus can't scream hard done by. And she won't have a chance to nagdammit!

Alan said:
He's got 4 daughters, you would think one of them would have given him a tip.. sounds like a female quilt conspiracy. They were probably down at the shopping mall with the credit cards before he got home.

He's not Scotty Palmer is he? I knew a bloke once from NSW and he used to knock around with a Mrs Palmer and her 4 Daughters. Jeez he was a wanker!

So mother nature lifted the skirts and gave us a boost, and reason to smile in a sad week for Oz and the world.

We have our own "beach" here... Not as great as the beaches in Manly perhaps, but when it's belting down 40 + degrees, we're grateful

Here's one of my former locals (there's been a few). There's 5 pubs in a 200 m stretch down that way. It even has a maroon-n-whitish facade now.

Some beautiful n historic churches here

You too can live here (over the road from the river) with stunning water views, for about 400k

A couple of other pics of the river from further afield.

And a friend (not that sort o' friend) today with her dog Taylor. That's actually a Manly-hoodie.

manlyfan76 said:
Sunrise. Cooly style.

the sunrise from the NSW QLD border.

Um some building somewhere....

@Dan I think this is your neck of the woods?

where Narrabeen? or Amsterdam?

manlyfan76 said:
Sunny coast. @Dan

I resent being connected with QLD as my kneck of the woods. I was but a transient guest in Hervey Bay for a short 5 years. Well a long 5 years, I wont be headed back to that hell hole.

I actually hail from Harbord, near Freshie High. And lived in Narrabeen for a while, then spent most of my adult life around Mosman and Cremorne.

Dan said:
manlyfan76 said:
Sunny coast. @Dan

I resent being connected with QLD as my kneck of the woods. I was but a transient guest in Hervey Bay for a short 5 years. Well a long 5 years, I wont be headed back to that hell hole.

I actually hail from Harbord, near Freshie High. And lived in Narrabeen for a while, then spent most of my adult life around Mosman and Cremorne.

Hervey Bay, sunny coast Amsterdam that's in Qld. Lol

manlyfan76 said:
Dan said:
manlyfan76 said:
Sunny coast. @Dan

Hervey Bay, sunny coast Amsterdam that's in Qld. Lol

I have too many teeth to be a Queenslander

I'm from Frenchs Forest now on the GC via Mary River NT, Brisbane, Annangrove and a few more.
Still a Waler at heart.

manlyfan76 said:
Sunrise. Cooly style.

Ahhhh, coolie, nights at the patch...stabbings at the patch.....

Double new years eve fireworks thanks to no daylight savings in toothless land.

Dan said:
manlyfan76 said:
Sunny coast. @Dan

I resent being connected with QLD as my kneck of the woods.

Then maybe don't spell it "kneck"

hoothoothoothootlolololenoughtoportrayjokeyness

:angel:

globaleagle said:
manlyfan76 said:
Sunrise. Cooly style.

Ahhhh, coolie, nights at the patch...stabbings at the patch.....

Double new years eve fireworks thanks to no daylight savings in toothless land.

Dan said:
manlyfan76 said:
Sunny coast. @Dan

I resent being connected with QLD as my kneck of the woods.

Then maybe don't spell it "kneck"

hoothoothoothootlolololenoughtoportrayjokeyness

:angel:

It must be the nederlands taking affect

hahaha, no doubt. I hope your vomitorium got cleaned up without much yelling.

Morning walkies!

If you take the pics top to bottom as kind of a scroll 'left to right', that gives you the idea of the skyline.

You can see all the empty snow runs!

UQknfOV.jpg

ZILeXPH.jpg

ZDt9fpo.jpg

u3yvpu6.jpg

CoNXM8u.jpg

1s9qENY.jpg

8QQAZHk.jpg

Stunning @globaleagle

I guess mother nature compensates us mere mortals; and if a bear or moose finishes you off it's at least picturesque around you!

(Bit worried about @Alan too...He hasn't logged in for almost a week mate?)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6