Post-Game Discussion Post-Game Discussion - Titans V Manly [Round 7, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Titans
Vs
Sea Eagles
30 Cbus Super Stadium
20 Apr 2024 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Woods adds nothing on the field. im not bashing him or hate him. It's just a fact.
The best I can say about him is that he's not a complete liability. At least he can hold his own against first graders, sort of. We desperately need more forwards if he's the guy we call on after 3 injuries.

What a Jekyll and Hyde performance that was, pretty much summed up where the team are now.

Erratic and ill disciplined mixed in with attacking brilliance.

The you score, I score that we saw tonight was really poor to watch. So many of their tries came from our mistakes. The team has to start building some resilience.

We fly out to 10-0 with consummate ease and allow them straight back in. Our right side defence looked extremely vulnerable, poor defensive reads, missed tackles, out of position and out of sorts, Foz toyed with them at times.

DCE again had a mixed night, 3 bread and butter kicks astray game them outs when we had a chance to build pressure mixed in with a couple of nice try assists. I do wish he could be more consistent.

Tommy is finding his range, defensively he needs to lift!!

Again, forward passes from dummy half, it is our biggest weakness!!

Grateful for the two points, now to put the whingers to the sword!!

Was a win so take that. Look at the positives, was a good hit out for Saab and Lodge to break the rust off after time out of the game, we get Oshay back next week and maybe sips so woods out which is a plus. Just got to keep the focus on wining and we're right in this comp. Slime got pumped by fins and raiders, we haven't been yet. Have a look at 1eye eel, they are blowing up at BA, deservedly. The slime I saw gave up with 15 to go on friday, he's lost the dressing room and they are a shambles, be great to pump them again and be the final nail on his time at the slime. Then Barret will take over lol, might be another spoon coning up for those clowns.

Hard game to unpack.

Pros:
  • See Warriors (very lethargic). We bounced
  • Titans were desperate
  • Paseka, Saab, Koula were great imo among others
  • Missing Aloiai, Sipley, Brown, Burbo (4 starters)
  • Talau ! What a surprise this season !

Cons:
  • Defense, Defense, Defense (all season)
  • Very slow and immobile in the middles
  • Our bench (Matterson not even used)
  • Woods, Garrick struggled

I'm going to take that win. It was paramount. Now, most of all, I want revenge against those pricks in Blue and Yellow at Brooky

Hard game to unpack.

Pros:
  • See Warriors (very lethargic). We bounced
  • Titans were desperate
  • Paseka, Saab, Koula were great imo among others
  • Missing Aloiai, Sipley, Brown, Burbo (4 starters)
  • Talau ! What a surprise this season !

Cons:
  • Defense, Defense, Defense (all season)
  • Very slow and immobile in the middles
  • Our bench (Matterson not even used)
  • Woods, Garrick struggled

I'm going to take that win. It was paramount. Now, most of all, I want revenge against those pricks in Blue and Yellow at Brooky
I take Matterson not being used as a positive. I was very worried about him in the forward rotation. He was obviously there as a backup only.

Was a win so take that. Look at the positives, was a good hit out for Saab and Lodge to break the rust off after time out of the game, we get Oshay back next week and maybe sips so woods out which is a plus. Just got to keep the focus on wining and we're right in this comp. Slime got pumped by fins and raiders, we haven't been yet. Have a look at 1eye eel, they are blowing up at BA, deservedly. The slime I saw gave up with 15 to go on friday, he's lost the dressing room and they are a shambles, be great to pump them again and be the final nail on his time at the slime. Then Barret will take over lol, might be another spoon coning up for those clowns.
Straight from the horses mouth.. Brown was keen to play tonight but coaching staff wanted him 100% for eels.

The best I can say about him is that he's not a complete liability. At least he can hold his own against first graders, sort of. We desperately need more forwards if he's the guy we call on after 3 injuries.
I agree. He can catch the ball and run 2 or 3 metres. But that's about it. If that is all that it takes to play first grade rugby league for Manly we are setting the bar very low.

No such thing as an easy win in the NRL.. and the Titans are certainly not a s### team

They came in desperate and we could have easily lost that game two or three times but the boys didn't..so give them credit.. support the team..that's all I'm saying
In this comp the Titans are the definition of a s$&@ team. 0 wins heading into round 8. But I get your point, teams can win on their day.

No such thing as an easy win in the NRL.. and the Titans are certainly not a s### team

They came in desperate and we could have easily lost that game two or three times but the boys didn't..so give them credit.. support the team..that's all I'm saying
exactly and we played dumb stupid football did we not?

Straight from the horses mouth.. Brown was keen to play tonight but coaching staff wanted him 100% for eels.
Good if true. I guess they backed our pack to hold their own against the weakened Titans pack.

Big risk that very nearly didn't pay off though.

Deadset bludger of an effort. Defence went out the window for both teams. Thought a few decisions went our way as well. But as others have pointed out some positives. Best of all we got the 2pts.

Don’t look back and move on to next week, at home against the Slime.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8