Possible Liberal Candidate for Werriwa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Footballer may tackle Latham's seat for Liberal team
By Aban Contractor and Elizabeth Bowron
January 29, 2005

Paul Langmack ... "I think John Howard is doing a great job."
Photo: Nick Laham

The former rugby league player Paul Langmack is being considered by the Liberal Party to stand for the seat of Werriwa, vacated by Mark Latham.

Mr Langmack, who played for Canterbury-Bankstown, Western Suburbs, NSW and Australia, and last year coached South Sydney, has been away and said he had not yet been approached Liberal officials.

"I'd always think about it," he told the Herald yesterday. "I'm a Liberal Party supporter. I think John Howard is doing a great job."

A Liberal spokesman said the decision on whether or not the party would stand a candidate in the seat, between Campbelltown and Liverpool, would not be made for seven to 10 days.

He would not be drawn on whether Mr Langmack was on a list of contenders. "It's way too premature to talk about anyone. We don't have a strong expectation of winning the seat."

The Herald understands that senior Liberals believe that, although Labor holds the seat by a 9.3 per cent margin, they could poll well with the right high-profile candidate.

They say the Liberals have done well in Sydney's west over the past 10 years and won much of Labor's heartland.

On one side of Werriwa is Macarthur, held by the Liberals' Pat Farmer, another celebrity sportsman, by a 9.5 per cent margin. On the other is Fowler, held by Labor's Julia Irwin by a 21.36 per cent margin.

The new Labor leader, Kim Beazley, will visit Werriwa today.

The Labor frontrunner is Campbelltown's Mayor, Brenton Banfield. He is expected to be opposed by at least two other preselection candidates when the party meets next Friday.

Hmmm. More control. It can't be too good. We may as well have a presidency. A party needs an opposition people or theres no one to challange there views.

Langmack. pfffft

You know, the amazing thing is, were he to win the seat it would raise the IQ of the Liberal Party significantly.

Another reason to hate the Liberals. I wonder if would take Bulldog values into the Party (and I am not talking about Winston Churchill)

He did not play for Souths Sydney either!!!!!!

Another reason to hate the Liberals.  I wonder if would take Bulldog values into the Party (and I am not talking about Winston Churchill)
Natasha Stoot Despoja and company would be avoiding the swimming pool in Parliament House at all costs!

Langmack :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So this is the Libs new recruit to try and stop the juggernaut that is Australia's next PM, Kim! :D

You are on fire this afternoon Mata.  Stop it, I have work to do!
Ah yesssss. All the pampered dah lings would be flying in from Canberra this afternoon I gather.

Qantas will be making a mint. No Jetstar flights for these boys. And all that excess baggage too.

Ummmmmmmmm bi-so. How can I break this gently.

The Big Kev thing was laboured humour the first time. After the 6th .............

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4