Positives

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Congrats on the most hyperbolic post of the evening.

Quite an effort, considering some of the usual suspects dribbling efforts.
It's a fair point. Vaves gets past the ad line. He is prob our best prop with the ball. But such a big body struggles in defence. I know I singled out his lack of effort off the ball against Brisbane. To be at his best he prob needs to loose another 10-15 kg. The problem is Vaves needs to more aerobically fitter. Kasiano is bigger but a dam lot fitter then Vaves. He has come along way. But has some to go as well.

Absolutely spot on......was sitting not too far from Tom for some of the game. And it looked liked he could not walk properly and it seemed he was not putting his full wait on his ankle too in parts, very concerning actually. Amazed he even runs the ball at times, I would say he is in a fair bit of pain and just gets needles or whatever to dull it. Hope it does not give him long term damage.
And his lazy team mates can see that this kid in busted and hobbling and they pass him the ball because they can't be bothered having a go themselves. Very infuriating.

And his lazy team mates can see that this kid in busted and hobbling and they pass him the ball because they can't be bothered having a go themselves. Very infuriating.

Well said @niccipops.........!

We certainly have a mix of players putting in and some that are just plain lazy, not surprisingly though that most (not all) of the lazy ones are imports/rejects from other clubs.

We'll know he means business when his team is named on Tuesday.... if Myles, Stewart, Williame, or Brown is in FG then we will know how much of a clue he has.

Well said @niccipops.........!

We certainly have a mix of players putting in and some that are just plain lazy, not surprisingly though that most (not all) of the lazy ones are imports/rejects from other clubs.
A large fire cracker insertion session is needed immediately.

I think Barretts passion was a positive. The kicking game was the best of the year. Starling was good. Catwright shows that he don't care. he can **** off.

This lazy team needs a hard task master.

We didn't need 3.5 million of players to win that game. That The coach raised it, such a deflection, is lazy in it self. Its an excuse. So now the player should care about how much there paid? Perhaps they can't win next week still 3.5 mill out.

He didn't need to and shouldn't have went there.

If you give the players a reason to lose they will.

I like Barrett with passion and a hard task master, but put the excuses away Trent.

one positive is that the season is half way over and we can be done with the horror that has been 2016

Despite the results I have rated Barrett from the outset and seeing how shattered he was in the press conference confirms he is the right man for the job. Sure there have been some disappointing recruitment however our injury toll has been the worst I can remember and in reality a lot of the players out there today wouldn't be there normally. We need to stick solid and things will turn.

Darcy Lussick was awesome 173 meters, Tom Trbojevic and Jake Trbojevic where great as usual. Walker is back to his best with a simplified role of running and scoring IMO try of the year. Buhrer was solid as was Parcell. Plus we have a new goal kicker. Vave is playing well starling had a dig

agree .... in the first 50 minutes

Despite the results I have rated Barrett from the outset and seeing how shattered he was in the press conference confirms he is the right man for the job. Sure there have been some disappointing recruitment however our injury toll has been the worst I can remember and in reality a lot of the players out there today wouldn't be there normally. We need to stick solid and things will turn.

Horrid game and I'm sure most players and Barrett are devo'ed (the presser confirmed that) but I take solace in knowing they will put the broom through the dead wood this offseason.

I though the first half of the press conference was very good. You could see Barrett was hurt by the loss and he focussed on how hard the players have been training and how sick of losing they are. Also he pointed out very well how massive this game was to Manly's season. He also clearly articulated where the team is breaking down and why they keep losing week after week.
Unfortunately in the second half he lost me. He started reverting back to excuses such as the value of the players missing and the adversity around the club. He doesn't need to say that. Trent, focus on the squad you have got and forget everything else.
With the players we had out injured today in that game, yes we win, and win comfortably. The problem is that there is no depth now and Manly are running out semi NSW-cup squads. Williame should never be playing first grade, and I don't rate Wright either - they were owned by the Penrith backs out there. Myles and Stewart are well over the hill, and Walker and Korisau are backup halves at best. We couldn't give contracts to Hiku, Mason and Horo, so now look what we are left with out there, and the lower grades are even worse.
If you ask me based on what I have seen this year, I would leave Barrett out of it when it comes to blame it is squarely on recruitment, which is still pathetic because on top of whom we offloaded in the off-season, now we have offloaded Symonds and who the hell is coming in now?.
Oh and one more big shout-out to that idiot Taupau - how do you feel now overseeing three consecutive losses from the sideline - you were brought in to be the enforcer of the pack and you are now less than the blokes who are toiling out there, and quite frankly your value so far this year has been virtually nil.
If contracts could be torn up Stewart and Myles gone today, and Tapau read the riot act.
NYEagle

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6