Positives Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We lost 5 games by only 4 points or less! That shows that even though we are terrible we are only very slightly worse than several others.
That is kind of a positive. Sort of.

Feeling really positive the broom is coming for half that team.
I love a good rebuild.
Biggest positive (as mentioned) Paseka & Schuster next year.

Positives ...

The Turbo Triplets
Our next Immortal Schuster
Foran is back to piss everyone off including the opposition
The Great 007 DCE gets better every year and with every CPI Salary increase
Walker to prove @maxta that he has not lost any of his blistering speed
Some surprise signings to come
*Des is a Champion and Champions always rise back to the top like Sea eagles *
BRING ON 2021 !!!

18334756-3d-happy-new-year-2021.jpg

Feeling really positive the broom is coming for half that team.
I love a good rebuild.
Biggest positive (as mentioned) Paseka & Schuster next year.
BRING ON THE BROOM TO MAKE SOME ROOM
FOR RESILEINT PLAYERS THAT WILL DO OUR LERGENDARY CLUB PROUD !
68-65inb.jpg

Suddenly occurred to me to try to find a Positives thread, found this one.
1. we were not beaten by duds tonight, the Eels were impressive, and the kid filled in well for Moses. They beat the Panthers last week and backed it up.
2. We didn't lose through lack of effort, i think it was lack of cohesion and timing getting caught out in defence. Defence has to be a massive focus for next year
3. We have the talent in this squad to go far, there's a bloke called Turbo to come back for one thing.
4. the rebel 7 - My first thought was that losing just makes it that much harder to forgive the players who wouldn't play last week, it was such a massive call. But my second thought was the players have already begun to regroup, and let's face it, they aren't in the squad for their worldly wisdom or powers of reasoning, the club should have been more alert to their ignorance. I think the squad can get past this, though not sure exactly how it plays out. The wholehearted display tonight was a first step.
5. Sell out crowd at Brookie. Saabs best game yet

That's about it!

Last Laugh Comedy GIF by Rooster Teeth

I thought our middles certainly held their own last night. Has not always been the case this year.

Des said it in the presser , there were large stretches I thought we were going to beat an almost full strength Eels outfit who had Moses out only - that's with:

1. Tom Trbojevic
3. Brad Parker
6. Keiran Foran (was off injured)
8. Josh Aloiai
9. Manase Fainu
12. Josh Schuster
14. Karl Lawton
15. Sean Keppie

* Koula swapping sides (hasn't defended with Tuipulotu much before).

Unavailable for selection. People tend to forget this, and I truly believe that provides the current players leeway.

That's 8 players out of 17, and one playing a different side - that makes a very different team. Additionally, you know times are desperate when I'm the one defending players (Garrick, Schuster) to people hahaha

Pretty sure Koula's been on that side with Tuipolotu for most of his time this year. They've defended together plenty of times. They've just never done it very well, largely because defending outside of Cherry is one of the hardest jobs in rugby league.

Haha, fair enough. Poor old DCE.

Maybe I'm wrong tbh (or at least not attentive), I just somehow remember him and Saab together for some reason.

Still, we have a LOT of ours from the team they projected us to have at the beginning of the season I guess.

Haha, fair enough. Poor old DCE.

Maybe I'm wrong tbh (or at least not attentive), I just somehow remember him and Saab together for some reason.
I think he was, initially, then Saab got injured and Harper got dropped, then Parker got injured and they juggled things around. When Saab came back into the team he was paired with Harper.

I've just finished watching the televised coverage of the match, having watched the match live.
From the 10th to the 60th minute we played well. We were six points ahead and could have stretched it to double figures with the Harpo penalty 'try'. We were certainly on top and had the wind in our favour. Even that dribbler Johns admitted it looked like we'd run away with the match.
Doesn'tmatta just stepped on the gas, led by their two big front rowers. Penny Lane was brilliant, as was Dylan Brown. And as much as it hurts to admit it, Gutherson provided the spark we were lacking (and have been missing ever since the Turbo injury).
What went wrong for us? Not having our best prop available proved telling. Froggy, Guacca, Sandwich and Walker were all nursing injuries by the 60th minutes mark, while Foran suffered one later. Selecting Burbo over The Shoe defies logic. The Shoe is a potential match-turner while Burbo is not yet up to this level of football.
The team tried hard and were not quite good enough. Losing like this is not nearly as gut-wrenching as the first "loss" to Ben Cummins' cheating.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4