Positive signs from Canberra game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

king2213

Reserve Grader
We did manage to put 30 points on Canberra with a make shift side.

There is some definite positive signs :) for the future

Some good video work and planning resulted in us crossing the try line a few times

I must give credit to the staff and players.. Although it was not pretty we showed a lot of fight

Tom is the biggest positive to come out of Saturday.

The guy is on one leg and scored a hat trick.

Unbelievable.

Marty has also really come into some great form which is what you expect from someone on his sort of coin.

But we still look VERY clunky in attack and DCE is really struggling without a viable second play maker.

Tom is the biggest positive to come out of Saturday.

The guy is on one leg and scored a hat trick.

Unbelievable.

Marty has also really come into some great form which is what you expect from someone on his sort of coin.

But we still look VERY clunky in attack and DCE is really struggling without a viable second play maker.
Reason we look clunky in attack is we're only playing with 1 legitimate half. Walker will never be a 5/8, Lyon does a job and Matt Wright belongs on the wing. It also affects our 5th tackle options as well because the defenders rush up on DCE knowing he's our only kicker. The same used to happen when JT was basically by himself at the Cowboys.

There were some positive signs for us yes (though not many), but if I was Ricky Stuart I would not be happy at all with Saturday's game despite getting the win.

When a makeshift team with around half of it reserve grade quality can put 30 points on a top 4 team there is cause for concern. With defence like that the Raiders will be cannon fodder for Melbourne, Cronulla, NQ or Brisbane in the finals. And at least 5 of Canberra's 8 tries came directly from Manly errors, either handling or defensive, and I can't see any of the four teams I mentioned gifting them that many points.

Take a look at the team we put on the park on Saturday. Wiliame, Wright, Parker (only because of age and lack of experience), Starling and Winterstein would struggle to get an NRL game with just about any of the top 8 teams while AFB, Brown and Koroisau might get onto the bench for any of them but they definitely wouldn't start. That's 8 out of 17 (6 of whom were in the starting 13) who I wouldn't even put in our strongest 17 if players weren't out injured, and I doubt they would be there for other clubs either.

We find a Michael Morgan, Foran pre 2014, Blake Austin type 5/8, a decent center and another workhorse backrower then the team will be very different in dynamic.

Yep, we are just a few key positions short of being a much better side.

Look at the difference an on fire Austin, and that English hooker dude has made to the Faders.

The biggest question mark over Saturday that I have is Barrett's use of Api and Parcell. Why was Parcell left on the bench for over 55 minutes when Api was not only hurt after his early tackle on Sezer but was dishing up his usual crap from dummy half (as evidenced from Rapana's 90 metre try).

Yes Api was Johnny on the spot when Wighton spilled the bomb that led to Jake's first try, but that is about all he did and it was his missed tackle that allowed Paul Vaughn to score. Canberra may have clocked off after about 65 minutes, but its no coincidence that we started playing better when Parcell came on.

After Parcell was out for 2 months, does Barrett now see Api as our #1 hooker? If he does.....we're in more trouble than I thought.

Last edited:
Not to be negative but the raiders well and truely put the que in the rack once it got to 38-16... Not to mention the useless knights put 24 on them after 20 mins a couple weeks ago and the warriors scored 16 points in 10 mins to push them to golden point a few weeks back also... the raiders have absolute dreadful defence,they are just able to score a ton of points to make up for the ton they let in..
look at the top 8... their defence is only better than 7th and 8th place.. they just happen to be very good in attack and have the highest points scored in the nrl

Not to be negative but the raiders well and truely put the que in the rack once it got to 38-16... Not to mention the useless knights put 24 on them after 20 mins a couple weeks ago and the warriors scored 16 points in 10 mins to push them to golden point a few weeks back also... the raiders have absolute dreadful defence,they are just able to score a ton of points to make up for the ton they let in..
look at the top 8... their defence is only better than 7th and 8th place.. they just happen to be very good in attack and have the highest points scored in the nrl
Agreed. The Raiders weren't very good at all and they still put a big score on us without really breaking a sweat. I guess we were positively outplayed…

When you give up 44 points at home then there is a huge problem. The indiscipline in our team is dreadful. The only positive is the Turbo brothers who continue to star.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7