Poor Recruitment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Our recruitment over the last few seasons has been dreadful. Continually paying overs for players at the end of their careers or whom could not strike a contract with any other NRL club such as Myles, Thompson, Brown, Mateo, Mason, Luke Burgess, Isaac Johns, Uate, Nathan Green. Is there adequate due diligence done on these types of players most recent form before we sign them? We have not signed a big name player in the prime of his career since I can remember (Dylan Walker possibly the exception). The Roosters, Storm and Broncos continually sign big name players in the peak of their careers year after year. On the other hand 75% of our squad would be realistically struggling to get a regular first grade gig in any of the other 15 teams. These type of journeymen are best suited to teams with several superstars, who simplify their roles. There have been some fantastic opportunities to recruit some decent players for value money in recent times (Storm signed Ado- Carr for $140K in 2017) but we seem to invariably end up with lemons. Out of the current battlers I still think Brian Kelly can progress, he has great foot work although he lacks genuine speed and I was impressed with the go-forward of Tanginoa prior to his injury. I really hope for all supporters sake those charged with our recruitment do better in the future and land a couple of proven talented first graders still in they prime (Whats cheap is usually not cheap in the long term).

If I recall correctly,when Fulton returned to the club he was paraded out as the saviour and said that the club had lost its way in regards to recruitment.3 yrs later what did he achieve?

The NYC win last year was fantastic, but lets face it First Grade is was it's all about. We really need to ensure that our junior talent develops into established first graders (like the Turbo's). What we've recruited from elsewhere in terms of senior players has been embarrassingly disappointing.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8