Poms v Yarpies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Have really been looking forward to this series, 2 best sides in the world imo

Watched day 1 last night and South Africa's bowling attack was a mile off the pace, they are far better than that. Cook and Trott are run scoring machines. 20th ton for Cook and he is still only 27 so who knows where he could finish up

Have a feeling South Africa will really hit back hard tonight

And hit back hard they have !!

Steyn got into them early and they turned 270/3 into 385 all out which was a top result, and now Amla and Smith are rolling along beautifully at 150/1

English bowling attack looks pedestrian and amateuristic

Which makes for the question of what the **** is wrong with Aussie batsmen these days? We'll lose to the kiwis at this rate! :p

God this is dominant from the SA batsmen, England have forgotten what a wicket ball looks like

Amla will no don't hunt me down after this puts the mock on him but I think his going to a triple with a lot of change to spare

England look like they are in the desert on a horse with no name

The Eagle said:
English bowling attack looks pedestrian and amateuristic

Amla and Kallis will probably agree with you.

Can't believe that it has taken this long for a South African to reach the milestone. Ironic that it was achieved by a player who until the 90's, wouldn't have been allowed to represent his country due to his colour.

What a great couple of days of cricket, and set up for a top final day, pity I will only see the 1st season before I have to go to bed

Amla is just pure class, and so under rated. His test record is good enough, but his ODI record is absolutely freakish, averaging 56 with a strike rate of 91. And that 56 isn't blostered by a lot of cheap not outs batting at the end of the innings

Kallis is amazing, should be talked about among the greats but flies under the radar, average 57 and climbing along with nearly 300 wickets, freak

I love watching their attack as well. Steyn is just a pure mongrel and I love that, and Morkel is so unique with his height

I guess from all that we can say I am a fairly big fan of this cricket side haha

South Africa are the bench mark. I agree with you on Kallis, I think you could mount a case for him being the best ever all rounder. Sheer weight of numbers alone sees him eclipse Sobers IMO. It'll be a long time before we see another player take 250+ wickets and 10,000 runs. Their attack on it's day is downright nasty. Maybe just always lacked a class spinner, not sure how Tahir will turn out.

My favourite Saffer is DeVilliers (AB not Fanie). This guy has so much natural talent and pure skill. Reminds me of Mark Waugh. I think he is the only cricketer ever to have scored a test century, taken a wicket, caught a catch and stumped a batsman.

Yeah I remember Fanie, he had some sort of accident that ended his career didn't he ? Or maybe it was just after he stopped playing, something to do with a lawnmower and his hand

I have the post lunch session recorded so will watch a bit of that tonight. If I was standing in front of Steyn I would probably **** myself, he scares me haha.

In the last test match over here, they thought they had Williamson out caught at gully, but he stood there and the 3rd umpire came back with the ball not carrying, and it wound Steyn up and not long after he smashed Williamson's box into 2 pieces, and as he was laying on the ground walked up to him and said "Don't expect me to apologise" and walked off haha

That was utter domination and brilliant to watch for anyone not english

Steyn is a great player but god i hate him when he plays us,he gets the ball and i cringe knowing he'll account for most of the team

Anyone else see this?? During the game Strauss smashed his sunnies,most hilarious thing ive ever seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH7zRYOejjw

How dirty would Alviro Petersen be that he missed out first dig. All 3 other bats go on to big hundreds and he gets a blot.

FOW: 1, 260, (637 dec)

Hopefully the weather plays ball tonight, set up for a great finish to a good series

Poms need 330, Saffies 8 wickets with both openers gone

Hopefully the weather plays ball tonight, set up for a great finish to a good series

Poms need 330, Saffies 8 wickets with both openers gone

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4