[poll] who do you think should be manly's captain in 2006?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

who do you think should be manly's captain in 2006?

• michael monaghan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ben kennedy

• steven menzies

• other

• Total voters

BK out of them, he has more respect from other players of our club and others and by the refs. he has some mongrel as well. Beaver is too nice.

I think the Ox is another good choice

I would be keen for BK to take the lead. He would lead by example and use his words wisely.

However I think the role of captain is over-rated. I am captain of an old farts team in soccer and all I do is keep the peace between the more natural leaders of the squad who have the most input.

I would be keen for BK to take the lead. He would lead by example and use his words wisely.

However I think the role of captain is over-rated. I am captain of an old farts team in soccer and all I do is keep the peace between the more natural leaders of the squad who have the most input.

Ahhhhhh Captain Obvious....... :lol: :lol:

Surely your not comparing yourself playing park soccer to an NRL captain Dave? :) :cop:

I think its very important position, in the 2004 Manly side we saw how ordinary the side was when Beaver was the Skipper then when Monas lost interest in playing footy in 2005.

BK is my pick.

I'd be interested to see who matabele would like to see as captain. As anyone he picks will become rank outsiders :)

BK for me - only if he wants to the job though

I reckon this is a no-brainer. Michael Monaghan is the man.

He bleeds for the club, has undeniable passion for the place and is more committed to the joint than any local junior could ever hope to be.

He has taken so much **** from the club yet he just keeps bouncing back - showing how much character he has and all the attributes needed for the job.

Im still undecided.

If Monas had a starting spot and could keep his mouth shut a bit more - then I would in some ways lean towards him as well as a leadership team (like the Swans) involving Ox, BK and Beaver who are all expected to take a role in leading the team around the park.

Mainly I say this because the last thing we want is more fighting about this and that.

In my mind if Monas is assured of a spot then he should get it and if he isnt assured of a spot then he is being payed too much for a PL player and should be released.

Im still undecided.

If Monas had a starting spot and could keep his mouth shut a bit more - then I would in some ways lean towards him as well as a leadership team (like the Swans) involving Ox, BK and Beaver who are all expected to take a role in leading the team around the park.

Mainly I say this because the last thing we want is more fighting about this and that.

In my mind if Monas is assured of a spot then he should get it and if he isnt assured of a spot then he is being payed too much for a PL player and should be released.

Though saying that I cant see how he is assured of a spot in the team. Just as long as we dont get Half-Witt back.

Eating cookies again Ryan? :)

Explain how a centre who has never captained a side before become captain?

Bell will be captain only if Cuthbertson plays on the wing. In other words not a chance.

BK is the standout as captain but he doesn't seem to want it. Monnas is no certainty to even be in the team and beaver doesn't want to be captain either.

If BK doesn;t want it then Orford seems the only other likely candidate.

Steven Bell is a senior player, well grounded, level, and NEVER comes off poorly in the media Byso. He has no baggage, and unlike Kennedy, Orford & Beaver, has NOT stated he doesn't want the job. He is here for 3 years, which is a long time in football, and I suggest he could hand the reigns over to Watmough after that stage, or yes, King, if he ever manages to gain more than 8 metres a game.

He is a type of player that could be a role model.

He has had vast experience in big games (major semi finals).

He has been coached by class coaches.

He would demand respect from through nothing but aura from his players.

I'd only be eating cookies if you gave them to me from your oven Byso. I think I have addressed fair a reasonable reasons why he should be in the picture yes?

You have addressed reasons and I don't know how you could reached many of your conclusions about the bloke.

Can you name a centre from any other current team thats been skipper?

wasn't Girdler Skipper for a while?

Michael O'conner.......

I don't think it comes down to position on field so much as leadership qualities.

Mal Menniga, Bob Fulton & Greg Florimo to name a few

I reckon this is a no-brainer. Michael Monaghan is the man.

He bleeds for the club, has undeniable passion for the place and is more committed to the joint than any local junior could ever hope to be.

He has taken so much **** from the club yet he just keeps bouncing back - showing how much character he has and all the attributes needed for the job.

I fully agree with you matabele, I recon he will be our 5/8 for the year baring injury of course :clap:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2