[poll] What excites you more?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Which game are you more excited about watching tonight?

• FNF Manly vs Tigers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • World Cup - Germany vs Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am really looking forward to the world cup, as far as Australia's games are concerned. I am proud to say im a bandwagon jumper.

However watching manly every week is the sport I most look forward to. I can't say I really give a **** about Germany and Costa Reica, especially not when we secure a free to air Friday night game.

that is a pretty silly question Matas, on a Rugby League site devoted to a team which is playing their first Friday game of the year.

having said that I will be interested in the world cup but that match is at 2am so wont be live for this little black duck.

i am pumped for the cup to but not at the expence of the eagles!

cant wait to watch the Aussies play and as a true Australian, ill be death riding the Poms all the way! for some more ammo come ashes time!

I realise Fro that there will be a natural skew towards League on this site.

I was having an argument the other day with one of those soccer fools that thinks the game will sweep over this country.

I told him that RL was far too ingrained in our consciousness and psyche to be "replaced".

The poll result seems to bear this out!

Go Costa Reica.... but unless I'm still up (pissed) I won't be going out of my way to watch it!

yeah Matas, it will be of interest to mainstream Australians but only that.

Not many "mugs" including myself will be bothering to get up at ridiculous times of the morning in the middle of winter to watch the group games.

And most people can spell "Manly" and "Tigers"....Costa Rica boys, its spelt how it sounds :)

Anyone who thinks the World Cup is a small affair is nuts. The world's most dominant and talented players will be in action and I am really looking forward to a lot of it. That said, nothing is going to stop me actively following every step the beloved Eagles are taking.

I am looking forward to Australias games but other countries games I dont give a crap about unless they have some bearing on how Australia finish.

i voted Manly aswell... I'm much the same as most on here.... i am so pumped to watch the eagles tonight.. i just walked in the door from work (knock off early on a friday) and bought a carton of XXXX Bitter's and i'm ready to go... about to sit out the back and start making a dint in that carton.. so i'll be pretty much firing on all cylinders come kick off!!

Go the eagles

On the soccer, i have probably watched maybe 4 games of soccer in my 21 years on this earth and even i am pretty excited about this world cup!!

I'm sort of excited at the prospect of getting to know the game of soccer a bit more and besides if i do get bored of it i am always up for getting blind and singing the national anthem or cheering any aussie team home.. so that'll do me!!

Go the aussies... as for tonight it's all about the Eagles!!

if the aussies all played in this country in the A League and we could see players of that quality every weekend then Soccer would have a sniff of getting a foothold in Australia, but ret assure after this tournament these starts will all dissapear to various corners of Europe and wont be heard of again till 2010.

While this happens soccer will remain a verty popular junior sport where our goal kickers can learn there craft!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6