[poll] Steve Turner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Steve Turner honour his contract with the Titains or do you feel he has every right to play f

• Titans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Storm

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'll be looking forward to all those verbal contracts being registered with the NRL and standing up in court. "Yeah, I'll play with youse guys next year". Register that, and then defend it in court. Sounds good. Yep...see you in class fluff.

Verbal contract are always open to interpretation, but I thought on this occasion it was all done via E-mail anyway.

Dont confuse being registered with the NRL and a court as the same thing.

Are you still claiming that "verbal contracts are not considered by the courts"?

Fluffy is right there are 2 issues .The Nrl will never register verbal contracts but if the titans want to test the case in court they would have a fairly strong case to seek damages.

[quote author=Ryan]
He watches Judge Judy you know !!!

not just that - ive seen law and order, boston legal, ally macbeal just to name a few

[/quote]

Hehehehehe....

Steve Turner made clear intentions to play with the Titans by email and is on film stating he will play.

However, a bank won't give you the money for a loan until they have your signature. You can't take that car from the yard until they have your signature. Are you even employed until you have signed the dotted line? I think its a balls up by the titans. Everything in life is confirmed by a signature why is this contract any different.

As far as i'm concerned he has every right to walk away from the titans and play for the storm.

Steve Turner made clear intentions to play with the Titans by email and is on film stating he will play.

However, a bank won't give you the money for a loan until they have your signature. You can't take that car from the yard until they have your signature. Are you even employed until you have signed the dotted line? I think its a balls up by the titans. Everything in life is confirmed by a signature why is this contract any different.

As far as i'm concerned he has every right to walk away from the titans and play for the storm.

Personally, I think Turner has both a moral AND legal obligation in this matter.

But in reference to your post Flip, I reiterate the point I have made a few times. And that is there is a clear distinction between the procedural aspects of the NRL and the parties directly involved, and the question as to wether a court of law would deem a verbal agreement (no sig) as prima-facie.

[quote author=Ryan]

not just that - ive seen law and order, boston legal, ally macbeal just to name a few

[/quote]

that's it- just call in Danny Crane....then Turner can't lose...."Danny Crane"..

[quote author=Fluffy]
[quote author=Ryan]

[/quote]

that's it- just call in Danny Crane....then Turner can't lose...."Danny Crane"..
[/quote]
That is one firm id like to work in.

Just a side note, I dont think Wayne Bennet has ever signed a contract with the Broncos. Ye t , he is their coach. I wonder what would happen if he wanted to leave mid season.
POint is , if Turner stays at Melb he would wanna get used to it cause I cant see other clubs wanting to deal with him.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2