I have quite a few reasons. Bare with me:
- We started early in the pre-season on a heavy fitness regeme by des. I believe we were match fit before every other side.
- As a fairly young side, I believe that the unbelievable start to the season started to have an impact on egos. Watmough, BK, Menzies in Origin to name a few.
- Injuries. Watmough was a massive factor in our wins. His injury came at a very bad time for manly and the lenght was a concern.
- King, is dying in the ass at the moment. We're getting nothing from him and you can't be competative with just 1 run-on prop, who happenes to be from PL.
- Monasgate, Im not going to stir up another monaghan issue, but just go back to when the problems began and tell me how many matches we've won since.
- Form slump. All these things have attributed to the slump and as any footballer will say, getting out of the rut is a big task, especially approaching finals time. We are continuing to play badly because of the severe change of the media spot light. From world beaters, to blokes who shouldnt' be getting paid.