[poll] Manly's Best Back Row?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Are Kennedy, Menzies and Watmough, Manly's best back row ever?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• No, but the potential is there!

• Total voters

Wade Forrester, my all time hero.

When was the last time an entire backrow played origin in the same year for the same state?

Garts/Menzies/Kosef for mine,

Just think Beaver was yards quicker then!

having said that imagine how good the current trio would be with the players around them that they had. Cliffy putting them through holes, Spud/cement/roberts smashing them up front!

Those where the days for you young kiddies not old enough!

I am with Pepsi on this though they had Cliffy to take 1st receiver on one side and Kosef on the other. We had some centres in those days too!!

1999 is the year i reckon.fittler played lock and im sure ricketson and fletcher played.that was the drawn series when all those bleating blues winged about us keeping the trophy because we touched the roaches up in 98.

How this. If they play really really good for the rest of teh season and we win the preimership I would say they are the best.

If they dont I would say they are up there but prob not the best.

Though BK and Watmough are still in line for Dally M arent they?

I am with Pepsi on this though they had Cliffy to take 1st receiver on one side and Kosef on the other. We had some centres in those days too!!

i used to tell people the strength of Manly was that our back row where as fast and skillfull as centres and our centres and wingers where as big as back rowers!

We had Beaver / Gartner / Kosef / Hill / Innes / Hoppa / Danny Moore... effectively 7 back row size players, all very quick for there size. Chuck In Cliffy/Dessie/Tooves around the ruck

Units like Cement/Spud/Iron Roberts / Ridge at the back

**** **** ****, thats the best Manly side ever. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

no according to most here it was probably monas fault even back then :D

Paul McCabe, Les Boyd, Bruce Walker, Terry Randall, Crusher Cleal, Ronnie Gibbs ..... we've had some good ones.

makes you wonder why we didnt win more premierships?

yeah i know, i guess we did play three in a row, should have beaten knights, the season we deserved to win was the year doggys beat us.

Paul McCabe, Les Boyd, Bruce Walker, Terry Randall, Crusher Cleal, Ronnie Gibbs ..... we've had some good ones.
The era of Arko importing pommie international forwards like Mal Reilly (who Artie Beetson described as the toughest player in the game), Steve Norton, & Phil Lowe gave us some very strong, creative and premiership-winning back rows.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6