Poll I created on official site.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Guys - I started a poll on the official site re: setting up a ddr system for memberships. Can you go on & lend your support or even disagree.

I spoke to Siibra or whatever his name was, he said my idea was to be discussed at a board meeting, but I received absolutely NO feedback at all (what's different). I even offerred to set it up for them MYSELF !!! I would have also given them discounts...but hey, whatever.

I honestly couldn't be bothered filling out paperwork etc every year.

I'll have a look. I'm not surprised though common courtesy doesn't exist sometimes. Max and Co should be concerned.

Compelling Reasons To Buy:-

01. You would cut down on administration costs (no ongoing paperwork).
02. You could have accurate projections of definite members
03. You could set realistic goals (remember the club quoted a ridiculous figure of where they projected themselves to be with memberships)
04. You'd have definite members come rain hail or shine
05. You could budget easier (have ALL memberships charge at a certain day.) New memberships obviously would pay up front in the 1st year, then annually with everyone else. It encourages people to sign up at the START of the season.

The list goes on...

To be honest i'd be surprised if they went with you to do it as you've made this issue public.

But someone should do it thats for sure.

I don't know mate - but I e-mailed Paul Cummings, and he told me Siibra is the person to speak to about this. I also received correspondance from Siibra - a standard letter sent to all members asking for ways to assist with the non-renewing members.

I did so. I also think this was a viable option going forward. Imagine having in 5 years time to manually process 10,000 memberships each year !!! LooooL

we all know there are some issues withthe way business is done at the club...meh i just learn to live with it

it is a good idea, hope they do give it some serious consideration.

do you contact the club regulary on matters you think will be of benefit to them Ryan?

I wonder if the club receives a high volume of suggestions at ways to improve operations. I would understand them not giving consideration or replying to all suggestions if the volume is high however I suspect most fans are lazy like myself and could not be bothered.

I also suspect some of your guys letters and emails would have been highly critical of the clubs operations/performances etc which would not go down well. I am sure this would result in the club not returning emails or phone calls, especially yours Mata :D

Garts - I think you'd surely have to give us enough credence to know what is an appropriate way to make a suggestion.

I have responsibility for an entity with a similar turnover to that of the club. Do you really thing my peers and I are mug enough to send in a pistol-whipping ladled with vitriol to the CEO?

Mata I have no doubt suggestions you put forward directly to the club would be made in the appropriate manner.

However I have also seen things on here that would have really pi$$ed the club off, this would have a influence on how the club views suggestions put forward to them by people associated with this site.

Ryan seems to be genuinely trying to help the club out by offering a solution to get a direct debit facility up and running for membership renewals. But as Byso said because he has gone public with his suggestion and been critical on here they will probably not ask him for assistance for this reason and for the fact he is associated with this site.

For mine that's petty and small-minded.

One would think a bloke in charge of a multi-million dollar enterprise would be savvy enough to know when a web-site is using guerilla tactics to make a point about various issues and divorce that from something that is commercially beneficial to the entity that he's responsible for.

Mata I have no doubt suggestions you put forward directly to the club would be made in the appropriate manner.

However I have also seen things on here that would have really pi$$ed the club off, this would have a influence on how the club views suggestions put forward to them by people associated with this site.
True and Fair enough. (I would like to think the club had more important things to worry about than the opinions of a few footy tragics on an independent website) Also - Hopefully a good idea can be recognised as a good idea.

I suppose people in management of a club are sick of people telling them what to do and they do have a board that makes important decisions such as this. It seems the intent of the original poster is good, his knowledge of the topic is unquestionable and it could be a benefit to our great club.

A board is responsible for policy - not "management".

I would say direct debits for memberships is clearly a management issue. It's a shame that petty politics seem to have gotten in the way of a very worthwhile proposal.

Agree about it being small minded from my position but if I was in their position I might have a different view.

People constantly being critical of decisions my collegues have made or even me. I would probably be a little annoyed, especially with it being aired on a public forum.

How would you like people telling you how to run your company and being highly critical of your staff? The person in question might have great ideas but somehow I think it would rub you the wrong way to some extent.

Very true don't forget Ryan approached them first with little resolve.

Then here after getting very little feedback.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4