[poll] Grand Final - Arvo or Night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

When would you rather the Grand Final?

• Sunday afternoon.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday night

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Are some of you like me and hate the Grand Final being at night, mainly at the whim of Channel 9 who can charge more for Ads due to supposed higher ratings?

1. The game used to be ad free and should not have them at all - annoyed me when they cross to a commercial before the replay of the try even comes on.

2. Sunday lunch BBQs etc were much better and it is easier to get home in the day than travelling home at night.

3. I don't reckon the ratings are much different anyway - just more people in groups for lunchtime BBQs etc that might be at home and not bothered to go out anyway. Disadvantages the oldies and younger kids.

4. Big disadvantage to out of towners - and there are plenty at the GF.

5. Much better for the fans to be at the club of the winners and losers - used to be around 7 - 8 pm and now it is after 11 pm.?

The last GF I went to was in 99 (many of the last 15 before that!) and I did drive home from Abbotsford on GF night to near Parra so we passed many fans driving home and walking (very Happy Tigers I might add) so I can't comment on being at the game but in general it seems to me that the TV boys are calling the shots rather than the game.

I used to like it best when the AFL GF was on the Saturday and the League was on the Sunday - though I can see why the League wanted a week later.

I dont care either way.

However I do think Channel 9 should be able to have a say when it is played as they pour millions into the game and want to get the best returns possible on their investment.

We all know it is a business nowdays!!!

Every grand final gathering I have been to for the last 10 years has always gone on late into the night no matter what time it starts or finish. The late start just means I'm almost legless at kick-off.

The ratings are obviously better, that's the whole reason behind it.

The only change I could suggest is to have it on Saturday night due to only NSW having the public holiday.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7