Poll GF winner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who wins the Grand Final

• Penrith

Votes: 51 72.9%
  • Lol@Souths

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • I hope they both lose

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • The refs will cost a team the game

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
Going by form of both teams in recent weeks, the GF should be a close entertaining game.

I was surprised how Penrith's fierce defence overwhelmed the Storm last week. The Panthers exacted revenge for last year's GF loss & I expect they will attempt to do the same this week (after their recent loss to Souths). Their defence is remarkable, but I think they will need to improve their attack this week. They should win, but their Achilles heel could be Cleary's shoulder.

Then again, I won't be overly surprised if Souths win. They will be up for the game & have no obvious weaknesses. If they are successful, it could be Benji's swansong - finishing his career in a similar manner to Brett Mullins in 2002 & Lote Tuqiri in 2014.

Just need to look at history... How many teams have made back to back Grandfinals and list both in recent history?
Melb lost 06- won 07
Manly lost 07- won 08
Manly lost 95-won 96

There's a heap More i can't remember atm but usually when a team makes 2 In a row, if they lose the first, they win the second
Ummm, I really don’t want to mention it,but, Manly ‘82-‘83. As I’ve said many times before, I still have nightmares.

Just need to look at history... How many teams have made back to back Grandfinals and list both in recent history?
Melb lost 06- won 07
Manly lost 07- won 08
Manly lost 95-won 96

There's a heap More i can't remember atm but usually when a team makes 2 In a row, if they lose the first, they win the second

Add 97 to that too.
We should have gone back to back and possibly three in a row there.

Wombatgc,

Don’t forget that we “lost“ in ‘07 to a team that was wildly over the salary cap and therefore, cheated us out of the Premiership!

Bloody hard to win a match race if you’re driving a family sedan against an F1 car. Not that the boys of ‘07 were just a common old sedan, more like a V8 race car.

How about Penrith winning from an absolutely major ref stuff up. That would be doubly painful for souffs and something else to whinge about and add to their stupid book of feuds, as well as Penrith having a cloud over their win. That is the best I can come up with

Last edited:
How about Penrith winning from an absolutely major ref stuff up. That would be doubly painful for souffs and something else to whinge a band add to their stupid book of feuds, as well as Penrith having a cloud over their win. That is the best I can come up with
Not impossible either

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8