*Poll* ~Finals format may be changing~

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Do you like this idea by the nrl?

• Yes

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • No

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 7.5%

• Total voters
I don’t mind it, teams 7 to 8 are generally making up the numbers anyway. 2018 was different but usually you can throw a blanket over teams 7 - 10.

Hell, why forget the bottom 2 teams? They can play it out for bottom spot. Turdburg is perfectly named to present a steaming trophy. Think of the promotional opportunities… Sorbent, Anusol, Rectinol etc will be beating a path to their [back] door.

Top 8 is heightest ranked 8 teams. Simples
Make it a top 10 if they’re that passionate.
Honestly think they have had this idea in the top draw and only break glass in case of an emergency( deflection) if we have usual season start poor headlines.

What if teams 7-10 participated in Survivor style obstacle challenges like balancing on logs in the middle of sea. One of the activities could be a sack race carrying a football and the winner could receive a trophy called Todd's Ball-sack.

What if teams 7-10 participated in Survivor style obstacle challenges like balancing on logs in the middle of sea. One of the activities could be a sack race carrying a football and the winner could receive a trophy called Todd's Ball-sack.

It's a Knockout cup

Buzz Slothfield thinks it is...@:D

Funny he was the only one on that show that thought so!!

Isn't Buzz one of the "senior" sports journalists invited into GreenTurds private office for propaganda briefings ....

PSS ... I apologise to any real Journalists upset at my use of the title in the same sentence as Buzz ....

Sadly, Billy J Smith is unavailable. Fiona MacDonald may be available to make an appearance? Let's all head up to Dural!!

Let’s see if Amco, KB, Panasonic are interested in the naming rights. Bring back to midweek! Have I miss anyone that’s about my vintage?

It just shows how out of touch they are.
Their argument that there were 36 "dead rubbers" last year affected crowds and ratings tells me that they don't get the true NRL supporters.
Yes, our team wasn't in a position to make the semis from along way out but that didn't stop me from going out to cheer them on or yell at the TV any less passionately!
I don't know any league fans that went "meh, not watching anymore, my team can't make the semis, I'll watch something else".

It'll end up what CA have done to cricket with the BBL... oh look there's another game on, but is it really a game or fluff entertainment?

This administration won't be happy until everything about the game becomes a politically correct hold all that pleases everybody and offends nobody .... a vanilla single cone, no sparkles please ..... a game played to a prepared script with all spontaneous attitude and surprises eliminated .... all colourful, distasteful and entertaining characters removed for the good of the game ....

This is the third time I have posted the following qoute ... and each time I read it .. it becomes truer ......

This insightful summation by Malcolm Knox may unfortunately be prophetic ....

"But the ultimate crunch won’t come when fans decide they’ve had enough atrocities. The reckoning is on the other side: if the game becomes antiseptic, cleansed, no longer primal – if it becomes a middle-class game for a middle-class audience – that same audience might begin to ask if this was what it really wanted. And then it might ask different questions about ultimate accountability."

Participation medals for eveybody .... any takers ...

It just shows how out of touch they are.
Their argument that there were 36 "dead rubbers" last year affected crowds and ratings tells me that they don't get the true NRL supporters.
Yes, our team wasn't in a position to make the semis from along way out but that didn't stop me from going out to cheer them on or yell at the TV any less passionately!
I don't know any league fans that went "meh, not watching anymore, my team can't make the semis, I'll watch something else".

It'll end up what CA have done to cricket with the BBL... oh look there's another game on, but is it really a game or fluff entertainment?

The 36 “ dead rubber” number is also be disputed ( Twitter last night) the real number is far less than that.

This is a completely crap idea that will absolutely 100% ensure 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th can't win. No team can win that many in a row.

Meh, let’s scrap the ‘competition’ aspect entirely. No more playing for points, and everybody gets a participation ribbon, plus a free sausage sandwich and can of drink, at presentation day. Only soft drink though, we don’t want any more scandals.

Meh, let’s scrap the ‘competition’ aspect entirely. No more playing for points, and everybody gets a participation ribbon, plus a free sausage sandwich and can of drink, at presentation day. Only soft drink though, we don’t want any more scandals.

Now you've done it ..... scrap Grandfinal day .... "Presentation Day" ...... brilliant!

All sixteen clubs and their fans involved rather than just the boring traditional 2 teams ..... Yoka ... you are a genious! .... a broadcasters dream come true.

Ridiculous idea. How about Toddy start by sorting out the salary cap mess, doing away with it and introducing a different system to make the comp more even. Then each team would have more even teams and the comp would then be more even.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8