[poll] Do you believe RL has had fixed/rigged results?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Do you believe RL has had fixed/rigged results?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

byso

First Grader
Just interested to see how many poster think that RL has had fixed/rigged results. In any of the major games like State of origins or internationals.

I think that every player has a price, and there is corruption and dodgy dealings in every sport worldwide - but the idealist in me says that the NRL is 100% legit. Hear no evil, see no evil etc.

If there was an avenue for fixing games, then I'd put 100 bucks on Souths to win the premiership next year - with Rusty and PHAC running the show, they'd be doing anything in their power to give Souths another trophy!

You can't buy 17 players and certainly those wearing the green and gold wouldn't countenance it. Even the Lillee Marsh thing back in 81 wasn't a fix, though it looked bad at the time.

You can't buy 17 players and certainly those wearing the green and gold wouldn't countenance it. Even the Lillee Marsh thing back in 81 wasn't a fix, though it looked bad at the time.

You don't have to buy 17. Most of the big games these days are so close that a particularly poor performance from even one player can be the difference between two sides. Imagine if you paid off a kicker? Or a kicker and a touch judge?

It would perhaps be naive to think that it doesn't happen, but it would be foolish to think that it couldn't happen.

There wouldve been a leak somewhere,somehow if there ever was a fixed result in the NRL.Scrutiny on major sportspeople these days is too intense for there not to be.

No, but with the growing power of the TV moguls in the game it certainly lends itself to manipulation and thereby rigged results. This can occur with rigged dates and venues, judicial penalties for on and off field discretions, manipulated video citings and press and TV influence in decisions. It's oming folks, no doubt about it. Big money, little crimes.

I don't believe they could go all out and 'fix' a game but I do believe they could do everything in their power to have a result go a particular way.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4