[poll] Did the Ref Cost Manly the Game?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did the Ref Cost Manly the Game?

• No. We lost it with a poor second half and can't blame the ref.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe! He made some mistakes that contributed to our loss.

• Possibly. His influence gave them momentum and allowed them to get back into the game.

• No. We lost it with a poor second half and can't blame the ref.

• Total voters
saw the hicks stuff for the first time last night.he ran back like tiny tim skipping through the tulips waving at anyone.he should have pinned the ears back IMO.the ingoal decision before jensens try was vital.bottom line is we should not have allowed ourselves to be in that position.i actually thought the missed goal on halftime was the vital play.it would have put the cowboys three tries away and taken the stuffing out of them,much like johns field goal.

He wasn't waving at anyone, he was trying to get Clark's attention that he still wasn't onside.

he was not running flat out.**** waving at the ref and hoping he will stop play.it is exactly the same as the canterbury try against us.play the whistle and get in position as quickly as you can.

Considering that even the touch judges had not got into position yet, he had every right to yell at the ref.

The Cowboys would have rushed back as soon as the kick had been taken. Hicks would have waited to see if the kick went over, and then, as he jogged back (again, he has every right not to run) got a drink from one of the trainers. At this time, the Cowboys could have been a good 20 metres in front of him before he even noticed.

Ok, so he should have had the wits to know it would have been a short kick off, but they did it awfully quickly- too quick considering the touchies hadn't got back yet. It was a bad decision from Clark that probably ended up costing us the game, as well as the others in that set and before hand.

I thought the boys were terrible in the 2nd half - Williamson could have shut the gate at half-time with that kick - they would have needed 3 to win going into the break - the boys cost themselves the match - Clark decisions were bad all game, but we had chances to win that game of footy and we didn't know who to. Congrats to the Cowboys - they obviously know how to convert goals close to the posts !!

Lloyd agreed, they were masters of their own desitny and unfortunately the didnt stop the vital tries or make the vital tackles

Considering that even the touch judges had not got into position yet, he had every right to yell at the ref.

The Cowboys would have rushed back as soon as the kick had been taken. Hicks would have waited to see if the kick went over, and then, as he jogged back (again, he has every right not to run) got a drink from one of the trainers. At this time, the Cowboys could have been a good 20 metres in front of him before he even noticed.

Ok, so he should have had the wits to know it would have been a short kick off, but they did it awfully quickly- too quick considering the touchies hadn't got back yet. It was a bad decision from Clark that probably ended up costing us the game, as well as the others in that set and before hand.

Totally agree, obviously we could of won the game with better defence in the second half but I guess thats not the point of this discussion.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4