Police defend axe man shooting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
POLICE officials have defended the shooting death of a man officers discovered smashing cars with an axe in the driveway of a Sunshine West home.

Police asked the man to drop the weapon before drawing their batons.

"He's again refused to put the weapon down, then police members have drawn their firearms," Sgt O'Grady said.

"As he got closer, one of the members withdrew his firearm and shots were discharged.

I dont care who you are, whether you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, if you threaten or advance on a cop with any weapon you deserve to be shot IMO. :cop:

Can't say i disgree.

You would have to be mad to raise an axe to a Victorian policeman as they have a reputation for shooting first and asking questions later.

The guy should have been in a mental institution but they closed them all down and now they run around on the streets.

I just wish they would shoot a few criminals in NSW. The problem is that we have had a royal commisison whereas Victoria hasn't. As a result NSw cops are too worried about reprecussions if they shoot anyone.

Still it makes one wonder why they haven;t introduced tasers yet. The cops in the USA use them quite frequently to great effect.

What is wrong with poppin a cap in the guys knee caps?
That will pull them up pretty quick. It doesnt need to be a money shot.
I agree with you Tookey. Aus cops should have had tasers along time ago. Those clips on websites of crims getting hit with a taser are piss funny. If you not the one getting hit.

The one that gets me is the guy on the beach with a small knife a few years ago. he was surrounded by cops only a few metres away from him and they pop a few in his chest and kill hiim. Sure , kill the crims that may have robbed a store and are trying to get away , but these poor bastards with mental health problems shouldnt become the victim of a bull**** police policy.

earl - simply everyone would then sue for due to knee problems, you cant sue for being dead.

(also don believe the movies, glocks, brownings etc are not very accurate)

I have spoken to a couple of freinds in the police force over this issue anumber of times. Basically in that situation with the adrenaling pumping, all the comotion a crim running at you with an axe etc etc they are trained to shoot at the place on the body with the best chance of the offender being hit eg in the middle of the body. That is if they tried for a knee shot and missed they would be the one in the body bag.

I agree wiht Fluffy our police are not marskman and the guns being used are not like you see at the Olympics.

I also concur that some of the people with mental health issues shouldn't be on the street in the first place - bring back Callen Park or other secure facilities where these people can be treated & kept safe.

bring back Callen Park or other secure facilities where these people can be treated & kept safe.

Better still lock them up in parliament during question time, whoever is left alive at the end of the day can form a government.

I have spoken to a couple of freinds in the police force over this issue anumber of times. Basically in that situation with the adrenaling pumping, all the comotion a crim running at you with an axe etc etc they are trained to shoot at the place on the body with the best chance of the offender being hit eg in the middle of the body. That is if they tried for a knee shot and missed they would be the one in the body bag.

I agree wiht Fluffy our police are not marskman and the guns being used are not like you see at the Olympics.

I also concur that some of the people with mental health issues shouldn't be on the street in the first place - bring back Callen Park or other secure facilities where these people can be treated & kept safe.

definately....I would like to see some figures of crimes committed across the board by people with mental health problems. While you obviously can't lock everyone up, there seems to be an increasing trend amongst authorities of letting people live in the community who obviously shouldn't be.
I sure part of the reason would be lack of decent facilites to house these people and staff to monitor them.

Fair points Gentlemen.
I think the bloke on the beach was before Pepper spray was used in the police force so probably the only opttion was to shoot.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4