Please, please Trent... Pick Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I knew what you meant Mark but sorry just couldn"t resist a bit of levity for a Sunday morning .

Absolutely mate and taken in good faith, for those that have been here a while they’ll know I’m prone to “ the odd **** up”, well maybe the “ often **** up”.

Part of my personality I’m afraid, one finger typer , on an iPhone with predictive **** turned on.

Basically I’m screwed!!

Need to blood either T Wright OR Jade Anderson who both have X factor, speed, youth and potential....4 good reasons to pick either of them.

So apparently Dylan walker is walking away. Anyone know the story?
dwalkz.jpeg

Puts a bit of perspective on how twisted the media BS really is....
Can’t believe a thing they say till it happens....like a weatherman....get a few right, get plenty wrong!!

..I can promise you that Tom Wright is not ready. He has an uncontrollable urge to go for the hero play. And there is no place for this at NRL level. He has to learn that there is a chasm in skill level between what he is used to and what he will encounter in first grade. He can't even dominate in NSW Cup so what chance does he have of being that impact player in the NRL ? Ponga he aint.

He may be able to do a job on the wing but he doesn't have the game management to fill in at 6.....yet.

Just my opinion but I think TB should just suck it up and pick Hastings. He's our best option in a match where we will need all the experience we can gather.

Love your work Manly Al, I too have been supportive of Barrett. He appears to have passion for the boys and rides the ebbs and flows wholeheartedly but if he doesn’t pick T. Wright over M. Wright we might have to picket outside his place... too creepy?

Hastings to 5/8. Api at 9 so we don’t weaken it. T. Wright on the wing to blood him. There would be too much pressure on Tom Wright if he plays 5/8 in his debut considering the media attention on the Hastings issue etc.

Lots of players play 1st grade when they weren’t ready : looking back , I wasn’t ready: Keyboard Warriors like to bag Tom Wright ; but yesterday he was given 2 chances to score - and he scored twice.
The old slow players we keep picking wouldn’t have .

He showed some pace with that try on half time!

Lots of players play 1st grade when they weren’t ready : looking back , I wasn’t ready: Keyboard Warriors like to bag Tom Wright ; but yesterday he was given 2 chances to score - and he scored twice.

Some people just have the knack of being able to score tries. It’s a gift that can’t be coached. Looks like he’s got it. Not sure I’d throw him into the 6 just yet, in the perfect world he’d have an experienced halfback guiding him along...

• 👍
Reactions: Sue

100% correct - pretty sure not every player to play NRL has got them from dominating in the lower grades.
Its about having the talent and showing glimpses of it.
Some players actually rise a level or two when they are thrown in the cauldron..

I love that you love Tom Wright. The first try yesterday was opportunistic, pick up the ball and run 60m against the run of play - good use of his pace. The second try, you or I could have scored, catch a cut out pass and fall over tryline. Look at the rest of his efforts yesterday, look at his intensity, his urgency, his willingness to get involved, his physicality in defence.......virtually non existent. There is no way he gets picked ahead of Matt Wright on that performance yesterday.

T Wright has speed and a knack of finding the tryline. We have the slowest backline in the comp and Matt Wright is the slowest winger in the comp. We are going to be 2 and 9 in 3 weeks whoever we pick.

What do we learn from watching a journeyman like Matt Wright go around in a losing side ?Zero. Is he going to improve? Absolutely not.

Geez you’d think the current bunch were going well. They are awful and need something different, even if it fails.

Anyone who thinks we are going to win one of the next three games is delusional. If you are going to lose then learn something while doing it.

Just pick the kid.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8