Please explain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Not being smart, or trying to have a go, but this moment in the game kind of changed the tune of it for mine.

The penalty on Dean Whare in the play-the-ball.

Can someone explain to me what the ruling was? He got up, played the ball on the foot as is the rules, controlled the ball, didn't mess with the defender?

Were we Chechinned again?

Pushed forward and took the marker out. Yes we were Checchined again BUT we are crap and thoroughly deserved to be thumped today.

The penalty Lussick gave away early in the 2nd half gave them a lot of momentum.

mickqld said:
Pushed forward and took the marker out. Yes we were Checchined again BUT we are crap and thoroughly deserved to be thumped today.

Really? Pushed forward? Most do don't they? I thought the play-the-ball was fine. Maybe I was wrong.

Ryan said:
mickqld said:

Really? Pushed forward? Most do don't they? I thought the play-the-ball was fine. Maybe I was wrong.

The Fox commentators agreed with you. Nobody could understand quite why it was a penalty. And yes, we never really regained any momentum after that.

I thought the Kite dropped ball was a killer. I thought at the time, uh, oh, here we go. Why does he persist in playing the 5/8th role. It just doesn't become him.

DSM5 said:
I thought the Kite dropped ball was a killer. I thought at the time, uh, oh, here we go. Why does he persist in playing the 5/8th role. It just doesn't become him.

Everyone knows how much I love Kite, so it pains me to say, I whole heartedly agree,

Ryan said:
Not being smart, or trying to have a go, but this moment in the game kind of changed the tune of it for mine.

Can someone explain to me what the ruling was? He got up, played the ball on the foot as is the rules, controlled the ball, didn't mess with the defender?

I agree completely. Though it seemed innocuous we seemingly never had ball or territory after it.

It was the turning point of the game. Penrith gained repeated sets of 6 after that put us under enormous pressure and we capitulated. Checchin is a goose as was shown in origin and shouldn't even be refing reserve grade.

Just got home from the game and I havnt seen the replay yet, but the Kite drop ball 5m out when attacking their line was a sign that it just wasnt going to be our day.

One wonders if Cecchin's new found status, from rubbish heap to castle, is some kind of affirmative action thing.

Checcin got milked all day by Penrith. How is he the best ref in the comp ??

Watched the game with a tigers supporting friend who thought the refs were absolute garbage! Inconsistent and the Whare play the ball was not a penaly! Though lussicks penalties and dropped ball were not very helpful!

Ryan said:

it had me stumped also, for once i sat there speechless, without a clue as to what went wrong.

DSM5 said:

The worrying thing for me was not one player came over and did the "don't worry mate" thing. Where was our team culture?

The thing is Anthony, he does it consistently, and badly. Toovs should have a rocket for him. He should not be one off the ruck, five metres out. That's where a ball player stands and delivers.

What about their "play the ball" in the lead up to the second or maybe the third try. It was diagonal tunnel ball at best. Fkn disgraceful reffing.

Kite dropping that ball whilst in the first receiver position blew whatever momentum we had, it really annoys me that he tries to get in there, you could also blame the halves for not standing up and being there !

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6