Please Explain: A question to the board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What WAS your question mate, you have me confused....breakfast at the Cub....pretty good (if that's it)

His question was 'how did Bailey go in the UK'.

The answer: fairly well. Played 5/8. Looked good in defence, was a reasonable link-man (that is based on what Ian Martin Tragic said, and the commentary from last night).

No the Bailey as 5/8th one, but thanks for the breakfast update.  I think Ian Martin said he was solid and defended well.  I hope he's given a fair go at that position freeing up Jamie to roam a little wider.  Anyway, it looks like Wolfie's defense might be a problem.  The whole team should be severely admonished for letting Dorn stroll through and score.  And Canteen, you do slant Penn's way mate.  It's OK to take sides.      

I hope Bailey goes well, would prefer to see Lyon out in the centres  which is his natural position although he did getter better at 5/8 as the 2008 progressed.

As to the breakfast anything is better than the Brookvale Travelodge breakfast!!!

Go to my mates brothers cafe in Harbord Village, Freshwater Cafe I think it is called. They do a killer breakfast, its tough to finish it's that big!
Adam makes a top coffee too

i disagree with everything DSM1.5 says
but i have to say im really starting to enjoy his post there very funny

BOLD = Deliberate spelling mistakes to piss you off :D

Cliffy Gc, welcome back.  I thought I'd beaten you into submission.  Can't keep a dead dog down I guess.  You know I can see right through your ruse, admit it mate, you just can't spell. 

Let's not forget there were quite a few people on here sticking the boot into Hasler about some of his team selection decisions......one of the most common criticisms was he was risk averse. Now he is the saint and should be given a job for life, go figure.

He did a good job last year, and whilst I personally didn't agree with some of his selections, he delivered the goods in no uncertain terms come finals time. I don't see why he would be against the idea of KPI's in his contract, and extending his contract to 3 years is pretty good reward IMO.

DSM5 you are heading for some karma points if you keep up this almost sensible outlook on the situation.

Be aware that the NRL Iicence ONLY runs for three more years, the board cannot (at this stage) grant any member of staff longer than a three year contract. Oh sure the NRL are hardlly going to kick us out BUT it's a fact, our NRL kicence has just three years to run and THAT my friends is the reason behind Des being offered a one year extension on top of his existing two years that's left to run.

Nothing sinister
Nothing untoward

Just business!!

Look, I've got four topics to keep up with here C & C.  It's not easy.  Keeping tabs on bogans, fence sitters, canines and others who put their bibs in can be quite taxing.  Sometimes I just do have to slow down and be reasonable to catch my breath.  Anyway I for one was very scathing of Hasler but I agree with you, three years is plenty.  As I've said in a past topic, one year back to back GFs and then two to rebuild.  Then look at how he's going and see.  I'm not wedded to KPIs since I heard Billy ****out, the referee, spouting on about them, but I really don't care one way or another.  It is an interesting point you make about those who critizized in the past, now want to recant and hold those same people up for canonization.  (Canteen would know what I'm referring to there).  The only one I would canonize is Max. Zorba, straight to Hell.          

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Be aware that the NRL Iicence ONLY runs for three more years, the board cannot (at this stage) grant any member of staff longer than a three year contract. Oh sure the NRL are hardlly going to kick us out BUT it's a fact, our NRL kicence has just three years to run and THAT my friends is the reason behind Des being offered a one year extension on top of his existing two years that's left to run.

Nothing sinister
Nothing untoward

Just business!!
In that case why was Max Delmege on the news tonight saying that those who are unhappy about the way Des has been appointed for onlyl one more year need to ask Scott Penn that question??

Canteen, mark a few papers and then relax.  Max meant he's been appointed for one more year on top of the two already signed.  Christ almighty, do I hear Des making a fuss?  No.  Have a go at Cliffy Gc for being such a cock and leave Max alone. 

DSM5 link said:
Canteen, mark a few papers and then relax.  Max meant he's been appointed for one more year on top of the two already signed.  Christ almighty, do I hear Des making a fuss?  No.  Have a go at Cliffy Gc for being such a cock and leave Max alone. 
Did you see Nine News tonight? Max was in fight mode and meant nothing of the sort re Des Hasler, he looked like he was trying to win support on his stand. He reminded me of an old style politician trying to shore up some votes. Love him or not, he certainly does not have the panache or style of Scott Penn. We need both partners on our board, but it would seem as if that is looking very difficult.

They'll all settle down once they're on the flight over.  Anyway most of us love that old style politician look, kinda reminds us of our grandads.  I'm suspicious of the slicked down, 'change agent' money men.  Kinda reminds me of financial advisors..those panache ones anyway. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8