Please can someone explain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

panash

Reserve Grader
What is missing ??? The team played well they were 100% focused.

We just can't score , the best try was when a 2nd rower put a prop in a gap to score.

Also they were down to 15 men after 20 minutes.

I have no more answers ???

It's almost like we are back to our Peter Sharp days. We should have scored more this week. We should have asked more from their defence in their line. We are missing our most potent attacking weapon. Our other (trex) is playing like a bum.

A simple answer, Brett Stewart

There were at least 5 times I counted tonight, where we run and executed a play perfectly, but Whare was just 1 step behind where Brett would have been, which was through a hole himself or far enough through to draw a defender and hit Matai or Lyon

Our halves are being shut down by the opposition when we are in scoring position.

It's that simple.

i'm with kiwi, we are so used to seeing snake there whenever a break is made that when we don't have him playing breaks don't get converted into tries as often

Kiwi Eagle said:

There were at least 5 times I counted tonight, where we run and executed a play perfectly, but Whare was just 1 step behind where Brett would have been, which was through a hole himself or far enough through to draw a defender and hit Matai or Lyon
This. I also notice for some reason we dont put much pressure on kickers in our own 20 for some reason.

bob dylan said:
Our halves are being shut down by the opposition when we are in scoring position.

It's that simple.

And add to that, Ballins option taking is awful when we are within 10, we waste 2 tackles per set with him firing a flat ball to a rampaging prop, and then following it up with a step to the side of the ruck and another big forward cutting back in for an inside pass

Kiwi Eagle said:

True but we can't count on Snakes brilliance to score tries, we need to be able to score points, even without him, he will not be around forever. Foz and DCE need to have more input when it comes to our attack.

torana355 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

True but we can't count on Snakes brilliance to score tries, we need to be able to score points, even without him, he will not be around forever. Foz and DCE need to have more input when it comes to our attack.

Cohesion is definitely missing at the moment

It should be there considering they played a lot together last season, but I guess the fact that every single week there have been people missing on both sides of the attack must be having some sort of impact

If we want an example, the Foran/Williams/Matai combo would have played 3 games on the left this season, tonight, round 1 and Roosters

panash said:
What is missing ??? The team played well they were 100% focused.

We just can't score , the best try was when a 2nd rower put a prop in a gap to score.

Also they were down to 15 men after 20 minutes.

I have no more answers ???

There is no structure in attack. Just chain passing along the line.
attack is too predictable.
Whare passing to the opposition for a soft try. I wanted to throw something towards the TV screen.
Taufua not contesting for the "bomb"....Robbo would have saved that try that saw us behind 0-12.
Its been so painful the last few weeks from the 2nd half against parra, last week against the knights and tonite.

Whats the point of playing well but not winning. The bulldogs is in constant perpetual motion, very well coached by Des..Des has got to be coach of the year.

DCE is 15% down on performance from 2011.
Foran is not the same as last year too.

Steve Matai, Jamie Lyon Choc and the Stewart Brothers plus Matty Ballin , Kingey are the players keeping us respectable, but we are not the same team like in 2011........

Losing Des is a big blow.
Toovs is not getting the best from the players. His too laid back approach is not working for obvious reasons.

In any endeavour, you gotta dot the is and cross the t's, work hard to achieve anything decent...Dessie, Bellamy are in that class.

Despite a good performance tonite, I am a bit deflated and cant see us coming close to our efforts last year. In the semi's last year, Manly were in peak performance and firing on all cylinders.

Oh well, cant win them every year.

Go the might eagles...I love this team:huh:

Can someone tell me why the Roosters and Warriors gave them Inu and Perret. If they didnt get them they would be struggling.

Agree that our halves get pressured and rush kicks. Foran lifted in the 2nd half and Cherry always tries. The whole busted a gut so we should respect that. They go to an intensity other most other teams can't match. We just don't have the bread and butter plays that lead to trys like we once did. The wrap to Snake. The bomb to Robbo. We have scored 3 tries since Brett Stewart limped off against Parra. Almost 180 minutes of footy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4