Playing Turbo this week is absolutely mental

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Before the start of 2019, there were more calls from the dummies on Facebook for Des to make Albert Hopoate our #1 fullback with Tom moved to the centre's than Telstra's call centre's get in a year. Apparently he was the GHH (Great Hopoate Hope) who was so good that Des would have no choice but to play Turbo at centre.
Well i dont have Facebook hahaha.. either funa or hoppa should of been given a go over duds like Elliot and Garrick. Des ruined garricks confidence playing him at the back.

Had we needed the two competition points I too would have rushed Turbo back -- provided he "ticked all those boxes" DESpicable mentions regularly.
But this match meant nothing. The only thing it could have achieved is give us an idea of what players in our roster should remain in our plans for 2021.
Even more stupid is playing blokes that are definitely not going to be with us in 2021, and leaving out blokes we haven't tried this season.
Someone in a post yesterday said DESpicable deserved one more chance.
That chance evaporated in an inept display on our 'Fortress'. He's used up his Brownie points. And let's not forget, this is the same great Manly clubman who sold out to the Dogs for money, leaving our club in a hole.

Turbo wanted to come back to get some fitness and prove himself for SOO. It was an unfortunate performance, but hardly Des or anyone else’s fault. He didn’t injury his hammy.

I was never one calling for Albert to dethrone Tom, but it might have been different a few ACL injuries ago. Hoppa looks pretty poor at the moment, his injuries have obviously hurt.

Why are posters saying Tom was rushed back ? FFS he's been out for 3 months he wasn't rushed back at all.
He had a bad game looked well undergone and was injured with a totally unrelated injury but he wasn't rushed back.

Thoughh it looks like the old we can't win without Tommy is BS.looks like we can't win without Walker, Fainu or a decent 5/8.

I think a major reason why Turbo was injured today was fatigue. This affected his judgment & he was making uncharacteristic errors. Physically, fullback is a very demanding position, especially when the oppposition is making long line breaks and scoring tries against the run of the play. With hindsight, he probably should have returned off the bench or in a different position - wing or five eighth.

Hopefully, the injury is not serious and he is back on the field next week.

Jharal yow yeh comes to mind..
I reckon Tom is one or two injuries away from retirement.. but probably won't. He is on 1.1 for the next 6 years

I think a major reason why Turbo was injured today was fatigue. This affected his judgment & he was making uncharacteristic errors. Physically, fullback is a very demanding position, especially when the oppposition is making long line breaks and scoring tries against the run of the play. With hindsight, he probably should have returned off the bench or in a different position - wing or five eighth.

Hopefully, the injury is not serious and he is back on the field next week.
If it’s a rotator cuff he won’t be back until mid 2021.

People saying he didn’t do his hammy, he ticked all the boxes, I wanna see him play,.. yada yada yada. I agree with the original post, most idiotic decision to play him. Before the injury it was clear to see his head wasn’t ready for this. At least resting him over the off season he could have continued to build his physical fitness and confidence. Dumb decision to play him IMO. The mental bogeyman just got even bigger.

He was rusty for sure but landing awkwardly on his shoulder could have happened at any time. Silver lining is ppl get their wish of him not lining up for NSW and getting a long off season to recover
Couldn't have happened if he wasn't playing in such a meaningless game.

US sports don't do this. They are actually professional franchises.

Right decision to play Turbo, what was disappointing for me was the way he dropped his face and strolled around holding his shoulder.

Lacked effort for me after a horrible game should have soldiered on with a stinger.

Play him again next week, needs a big off season Turbo.
I think today was ‘Trent Barrett Commemoration Day’ at Brookvale. Hence why so many players (including TT) played like Trent was still in charge.

I dont know how long we can continue to keep tom on at this rate.. hopefully he stays injury free from here on out or at least for a few years. But if he goes down for a lengthy period next year we cant keep persisting with it.. its too detrimental to our season every year

We need other options, certainly. This year has not been a great year for the game due to external events; hence disrupted scheduling, hence subsequent injury tolls.

This situation with TT reminds me a lot of poor Johnny Gibbs. When fit, he was the greatest attacking halfback I have seen play for Manly and the whole team lifted as a result. So did the spectators! But hamstring injuries cruelled his career and led to his early retirement.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4